The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WWGD?

thejazz97

It's dire times like these, when we should ask - What Would Gillis Do? And should we do it, too?

With the team becoming a hotter mess than the Republican Party candidates and rumours of management being more involved than Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris, we need to ask ourselves - is there a higher perspective on this?

What do we do?

Who do we turn to?

Do we trade one of our goalies at the draft? Do we trade both of them over a short span of time and watch them become all-stars?

Do we sign someone mediocre in the offseason and end up trading them before the season starts?

I guess what I'm trying to say - in a somewhat cynical, satirical sense - is that it could always be worse.

We seem to get caught up in rumours of Willie getting fired or the Aquilinis having their hands in things, or that Vrbata and Hamhuis may or may not be getting traded, or Bartkowski sucks, or whether we really need Burrows.

Let me say that it's not like management had a lot to work with after Torts and GMMG left. It's a miracle the Sedins were (and are) still elite, and it's a miracle that we made the playoffs this year.

But, it does seem like the Canucks' luck has run out, and we are spiraling quicker than Meek Mill's twitter game. 

We should sit back, relax, maybe grab a Pina Colada and some popcorn, watch the show unfold, and have a few laughs along the way. Because if things are this hilariously bad now, I'll be laughing all the way to the draft. I could be crying after, though.

TL;DR - Canucks suck this year, but don't let it stress you out too much

If my boss shook his head at me the way willie does on a regular basis I'd either quit or tell him to face me like a man and speak his mind.  Think about it...your working away...doing your best...and  your leader turns his back on you and walks away shaking his head like a highschool football coach.  Hugely unprofessional and shows a massive lack of confidence and self control.  That's it for me and twitchy....

2 minutes ago, Ronning4center said:

If my boss shook his head at me the way willie does on a regular basis I'd either quite or punch him in the teeth.  Think about...your working away...doing your best...and  your leader turns his back on you and walks away shaking his head like a highschool football coach.  Hugely unprofessional and shows a massive lack of confidence and self control.  That's it for me and twitchy....

so you're turning this into another hate Willie thread?

That photo must be when the Canucks first brought Gillis in. He looks "healthy", and not the bloated, red-faced, sweaty, stressed-out person he became.

I'm not too concerned about the team. Yes, they're bad this year, but this may be a good thing. A bit of a wake-up call to management. It's better than being mediocre year after year, getting a mid-round pick, failing miserably in the 1st round of playoffs. I'm glad they're faced with this rebuild, it's time. Should be exciting for the fans, we might finally get a young superstar (or two) this summer and with our other prospects on the ups, it should provide great hockey down the road. Gotta get through the muck first. 

In Benning I trust.

Archived