The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Leafs Trade Polak & Spaling to SJS

17 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

I agree the team wants change.    Hammer is still caged so really we are speculating , and maybe his jaw is quite fragile, not really suited for the playoff run but good enough to play.   I'm just speculating of course but those kinds of things have me worried that we aren't going to get much at the deadline if anything, looking at the list of players we were initially looking to turn over at the deadline which have now become of little or no value.   it looks scary to me , to tell you the truth.   The trigger should have been pulled when doubts first started creeping in about some of the players.   that's just me

I think Hamhuis is tradeable.  If he wasn't suited for a playoff run then he would be ineffective if Canucks made the playoffs.  Plus I think he plays better WITH the cage

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Saying "real" instead of "really" is not using a lay term though. It doesn't show the authenticity of anything other than hockey people are largely uneducated. I mean, saying "really good" rather than "real good" is such a stretch that a fan like you would not understand if they used proper English? 

Doesnt it it make you feel stupid if your argument is the reason they do that? I mean, you are basically saying they don't think you are smart enough to understand such a fancy word as really instead of real.

Doesn't Willie have a Masters Degree in Sociology? 

The difference between "real" and "really" is personal preference as to ease and comfort of communication.  It can be a learned mannerism or just the way he prefers to say things. Everybody has them and it has absolutely no reflection on intelligence. It is, however,  extremely petty to point this out as an attempt to call him out as being stupid. It childish.

If you so easily feel that your intelligence is being insulted, that's not Willie problem... it yours...In fact, the next time you feel so insulted, try sitting with that thought take, deep breath, and ask yourself "is  this mustached man on THE TV trying to hurt my feelings? Or am just being an pompous ass?"

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

What's the over/under on anyone believing Benning if he says, "Well, we just couldn't get anything done. Trade talks around the league have been real quiet."

On another pet peeve note, in the next CBA can the NHL and NHLPA please negotiate in a mandatory educational service for all management, coaches, and players to be taught that "real good" is not proper English? These guys are managing and/or making billions of dollars, can they at least try to fake that they are smarter than people who don't?

8cce5f7ab678da3456acbaa76bc66077.jpg

I believe he has a Master's degree though.

3 hours ago, nux4lyfe said:

Somehow We are going to end up getting a 3rd for Hammy :lol:

Don't forget that salary retention... and a 2nd thrown in!  Gotta get these right

3 hours ago, LaBamba said:

After last night it's safe to say Hamuis ain't going anywhere. 

Shh, not so loud!  Trader Jim might hear you and agree with that!  :frantic:

Seriously, if Polak gets that much (Hammer is at LEAST the same level as him) Community Dan deserves a late first from a contender and a prospect.  The fact that he's ranked as the best rental D-man available should only help his value. 

13 minutes ago, Frazzy Desjardins said:

I'm confused.  Torres traded to tor but re-assigned to 'cudas. ....

Wouldn't he go to the Marlies? ?

They did this with the Ottawa trade too. If those players cap hits over the 950k or whatever is able to be buried are not counting towards their NHL cap then it is likely to circumvent those cap rules. If they do count it is just because they don't want or need those players in the Marlies.

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

They did this with the Ottawa trade too. If those players cap hits over the 950k or whatever is able to be buried are not counting towards their NHL cap then it is likely to circumvent those cap rules. If they do count it is just because they don't want or need those players in the Marlies.

So then he continues playing for sj's farm team, as leafs property...weird.

Archived