The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markus Granlund | #60 | C/W

Johnny Torts

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I can get why fans are upset.

Shinkaruk was a good kid, we drafted him and he isn't a bad prospect but neither is Granlund.

Both players were behind in the depth charts.

Baertschi basically made him expendable.

Bae will be playing in our top 6 for years to come, but a Calgary team with both gaudreau and Shinkaruk(if he lives up to his potential). scary.

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I can get why fans are upset.

Shinkaruk was a good kid, we drafted him and he isn't a bad prospect but neither is Granlund.

Both players were behind in the depth charts.

Baertschi basically made him expendable.

Why though did Baer make Shink expendable.  It seems to me that Grandlund plays more like Baer - playmaker more than a finisher.  I'm not at all mad, only confused as to the point of the trade for a player who plays exactly like Baer.

Just now, Johnny Torts said:

Bae will be playing in our top 6 for years to come, but a Calgary team with both gaudreau and Shinkaruk(if he lives up to his potential). scary.

We would be keeping Shinkaruk in the AHL till Danny retires. Benning must thought that it wasn't worth waiting for that.

Shinkaruk isn't a bottom 6 player and would have to be a top 6 player in the NHL, Benning stated that when questioned about Shink. He said he'd be the first call up when a top 6 spot was available.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Why though did Baer make Shink expendable.  It seems to me that Grandlund plays more like Baer - playmaker more than a finisher.  I'm not at all mad, only confused as to the point of the trade for a player who plays exactly like Baer.

Shink needs a top 6 spot at LW. Our top two LWs are Baertschi and Daniel.

Baer isn't like Granlund. Granlund is a center not a winger.

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We would be keeping Shinkaruk in the AHL till Danny retires. Benning must thought that it wasn't worth waiting for that.

Shinkaruk isn't a bottom 6 player and would have to be a top 6 player in the NHL, Benning stated that when questioned about Shink. He said he'd be the first call up when a top 6 spot was available.

The problem with that is we don't have any more top 6 wingers in Utica. Gaunce, Grenier, Higgins, and Prust, even, are all bottom 6.

Methinks Trader Jim is up to something.

Just now, thejazz97 said:

The problem with that is we don't have any more top 6 wingers in Utica. Gaunce, Grenier, Higgins, and Prust, even, are all bottom 6.

Methinks Trader Jim is up to something.

I am not sure. It rules out Drouin since he wants to play in the NHL.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Shink needs a top 6 spot at LW. Our top two LWs are Baertschi and Daniel.

Baer isn't like Granlund. Granlund is a center not a winger.

Oh.  Then where does he fit at center?  Alf thinks the kid will be playing wing, or there must be another prospect (center) moving.  Hank, Sutter, Bo, McCann, Grandlund.  Does McCann go to wing?

12 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

If he tears it up I will gladly eat my words! However, this trade makes no damn sense to me at the moment and just destroyed any faith I have in Benning.

My guess is to add center depth & if he goes to the AHL, then it allows Green to have Gaunce on the wing with the 3G line. (Gaunce-Granlund-Grenier)

Just now, Alflives said:

Oh.  Then where does he fit at center?  Alf thinks the kid will be playing wing, or there must be another prospect (center) moving.  Hank, Sutter, Bo, McCann, Grandlund.  Does McCann go to wing?

Granlund will be with us next year which will allow McCann to be sent down to the AHL where he can develop in a top 6 role.

Granlund is basically another Baertschi. If he pans out into a top 6 player a center prospect becomes expendable just like how Baertschi made Shink expendable.

• Upvote 1

I don't want to talk about this guy, like at all

All the frigging fun we made of Calgary for drafting Poiriere or howveer you spell it and passing over hometown boy Hunter and THIS happens?

Another center, another Linden frigging Vey?

I am making a serious knee jerk response here admittedly but what the shart farking hell is this crap?

I hope Shinkaruk Monahan and Gaudreau torch this team for the next decade every single game that we play.  Canucks fan for life or not this trade makes the Keenan years and the Messier signing look intelligent.

We traded our best offensive prospect for...another center, with marginal upside and the same statlines and rough size/grit as Linden frigging Vey.  And for those touting his AHL numbers, might I remind you that Vey is/was a ppg player in the AHL as was Clendenning.

Where are they now?  One is a scapegoat and one is not even on the team anymore.

Think about it

Edited by Warhippy

Just now, Warhippy said:

I don't want to talk about this guy, like at all

All the frigging fun we made of Calgary for drafting Poiriere or howveer you spell it and passing over hometown boy Hunter and THIS happens?

Another center, another Linden frigging Vey?

I am making a serious knee jerk response here admittedly but what the shart farking hell is this crap?

I hope Shinkaruk Monahan and Gaudreau torch this team for the next decade every single game that we play.  Canucks fan for life or not this trade makes the Keenan years and the Messier signing look intelligent.

We traded our best offensive prospect for...another center, with marginal upside and the same statlines and rough size/grit as Linden frigging Vey

Think about it

He is more like his brother than Vey.

You compared him to a Canuck. Clearly your emotions are speaking for you.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He is more like his brother than Vey.

You compared him to a Canuck. Clearly your emotions are speaking for you.

I compared him to the canuck that EVERYONE loathes and wants off the team.  Again, those stats are eerily similar, soft center bad at faceoffs marginal 2 way ability.  For the only heart and soul prospect we had that could generate genuine offense off the wing.  Trading a needed asset for a piece we have in spades does not make sense.

Unless we're bringing back Drouin + in the very near future we shat the bed hard here.

And yes you can quote any of this, I will stand by it like I did my predictions for the season when ON took me to task