The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Hawks interested in Hamhuis and Vrbata

Nail

3 minutes ago, nergish said:

I didn't realize Schultz was Chara sized... dafuq man

kid's been a excellent offensive Dman at every level he's played, and it's not like we're swimming in them, despite his size.

Besides that's a pretty strange reason to "hate" a player. You could wish he were bigger, and say it's doubtful he'll be a true impact player... but he's worth holding on to. Kid's got a great slapshot if nothing else.

I hate all small Dmen. It's a problem I have. 

Just now, luongotv said:

You guys are going to whine like little girls when he only fetches a 2nd

Polak and Spaling got 2 x 2nds.  Hamhuis is way more experienced and a much better d man.  His poise and experience is what makes him so desirable to a cup contender.  

Just now, Rush17 said:

Hammer is more seasoned and is a better shut down guy.  Chicago likes a shut down style of game with their explosive offence.  Russel is more of a offence d man.

Russell is among the league leaders in shot blocks, he has a great reputation for defending. If anything, his offensive skill makes him MORE valuable.

I would Chicago relies on a puck possession game, and defensemen who can distribute the puck would work better in their system. 'Shut down game' is more the LA Kings' style.

1 minute ago, luongotv said:

You guys are going to whine like little girls when he only fetches a 2nd

we've been through enough to know not to overestimate the value of our players. 

I mean, think of the kinds of names we were throwing around in the Luongo thread... (though had he been traded 2 years earlier that may have actually been more realistic).

Seriously, for once we may come out of a trade happy. Hammer is a well-respect player around the league. We see him first-hand so we know he's not quite as good as the rest of the league may think (but that goes for literally EVERY player other than bonafide all stars), but he's got a "name". So does Vrbata, really. He has no playoff pedigree, but he's a consummate professional with a ton of skill and a proven resume. It'll be a hockey trade, but it should appease both fanbases. 

wow.... if they are after Kris Russel then we might as well (Benning and Bowman) need to stop wasting each others time.  Hamhius is at a different level then Russel, not to mention Russel is not good enough of a dman to make a powerhouse team like chicago any better.  if they really want to "cheap" out (washingston style) we might as well talk to someone that seriously wants Hamhius.

Well hopefully we find out soon what happens. Watch this deal will be something crazy out of left field "Hamhuis to Edmonton for Justin Schultz"

You know, Edmonton could use a veteran like Hamhuis,  if they could convince him to stay.

Just now, Mustapha said:

Well hopefully we find out soon what happens. Watch this deal will be something crazy out of left field "Hamhuis to Edmonton for Justin Schultz"

You know, Edmonton could use a veteran like Hamhuis,  if they could convince him to stay.

It's the TDL. 

Always expect the unexpected. 

Archived