The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT & PGT: Preds vs Nucks, Saturday, Mar.12, 2016, 7 PM PST on CBC

Qwags

7 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

...This is very disappointing..understandable so he can learn the systems..but still, BOOOOOOOOOOO.

To be fair jet lag takes some time to recover from when traveling that far.. Would love to see him tonight of course, but if it's best for his chances to succeed, I can wait.. And so should we all :) 

19 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

If Tryamkin takes the warm-up, I think it's entirely possible they'll play him. Actually, I'm predicting it will happen. 

Disagree, Jack. 

He will take warm-up regardless, most likely, to get him out on the ice and used to his teammates/ the atmosphere.

WD usually has every healthy scratch take warm-up anyway. It won't indicate anything. 

7 minutes ago, Cocolocci said:

I don't understand why WD is splitting our young line with Baertschi - BoHo - Virt.. Let them play together, to build some chemistry. Virtanens future isn't to be the 3rd guy oh the Twin-line.

Virtanen might not be the future third guy on the twin-line but he can learn lot from them. Virt is good off the rush and throwing big hits but he isn't all that great a cycling. Do you know who are the best cycles on the team sedins. You know which line cycles the most the sedin line.

If he stays on one line he will never learn all the aspects of the game, I expect the line to be reunited once all of them become more well rounded players.

3 minutes ago, theminister said:

Disagree, Jack. 

He will take warm-up regardless, most likely, to get him out on the ice and used to his teammates/ the atmosphere.

WD usually has every healthy scratch take warm-up anyway. It won't indicate anything. 

We shall see. :)

4 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Steve Ewen ‏@SteveEwen  6m6 minutes ago

#Canucks Virtanen on what Desjardins told him: "Don't get in the cycle with them, because you're just going to screw it up."

Steve Ewen ‏@SteveEwen  8m8 minutes ago

#Canucks Virtanen says coach Willie Desjardins told him that night to not overthink playing with the twins.

Did anyone else find this first part a little rough? Way to give him confidence WD :wacko:

10 minutes ago, NZ_Canuck said:

Did anyone else find this first part a little rough? Way to give him confidence WD :wacko:

It's very true though. His job is to be ready to shoot, not tinker around on the boards. I'm more happy with the coach giving useful advice than participation ribbons. 

8 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

I've already named him Mishka.  Big as a bear..might as well have a bears name.

Well now that he's picked 88 I'm sure there will be a call for "T88" which is a type of Chinese tank, but its also a pain medication. So both could work if he ends up running over a lot of guys :-) 

33 minutes ago, theminister said:

That's a 19 year old kid paraphrasing the detailed instructions his coach gave him.

And that's Jake injecting his own personality. 

Also it's pretty much the same instructions the coaches give to any winger playing with the Sedins, whether a seasoned vet or a raw rookie: keep it simple, don't overthink it, and just try to get in position and be ready (because the twins will find you).

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Also it's pretty much the same instructions the coaches give to any winger playing with the Sedins, whether a seasoned vet or a raw rookie: keep it simple, don't overthink it, and just try to get in position and be ready (because the twins will find you).

I found when grenier played with the twins he didn't try anything, maybe had the same instructions? But he didn't play any of his skill game and tried to keep it too simple and mostly ended up in front of the net. Usually I like seeing different people with the twins but I felt Jake was being a bit more creative in the o-zone recently, especially down low.I hope this doesn't stifle him too much.

Tonight's Referees:

Francois St. Laurent (#38)

130p_stlaurent.jpg?resize=130%2C130

• Games 2015-16: 32
  • Career Games: 514
  • First NHL Game: Nov 10 2005
  • Birthplace: Greenfield Park, QC
  St. Laurent NHL
Rank
NHL
Avg
Goals/Gm 5.5 7 5.3