The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT & PGT: Preds vs Nucks, Saturday, Mar.12, 2016, 7 PM PST on CBC

Qwags

On 3/10/2016 at 3:25 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Predators haven't lost a game in regulation in their last 14 games. And the game they lost before that was against the best team in the NHL.

They're too dominant, don't see us winning this game.

if y'all can get the game to OT,then y'all have a great chance winning this game,because the preds suck at 3 on 3,i think they have lost ever OT game this season,expcet for one

6 hours ago, PLOGUE said:

Looking forward to watching the big man.  Canucks better bloody well lose though.

I understand the desire for a good draft pic, but there is something abhorrently wrong with wanting your team to lose.   

36 minutes ago, PredsFanFromLa said:

if y'all can get the game to OT,then y'all have a great chance winning this game,because the preds suck at 3 on 3,i think they have lost ever OT game this season,expcet for one

Why is that? The Predators are such a tight defensive team, they should excel at OT. 

40 minutes ago, PredsFanFromLa said:

Just checked the stats.

Predators have 1 OT win and 12 OT losses.

Canucks have 4 OT wins and 9 OT losses.

Both teams are first and second, respectively, for the most OT losses.

On 3/10/2016 at 3:17 PM, swizzey said:

I think the lineups are suppose to be:

Sedin - Vey - Etem

Vey - Granlund- Virtanen

Gaunce - Horvat - Vey

Burrows - Vey - Dorsett

Tanev - Vey

Vey - Hamhuis

Tryamkin - Vey

Vey

Miller

haha yep. Vey had 9 mins of ice time in the 1st period last game. Maybe a record.

airing-up-a-bike-tire-with-the-best-pump

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

3-2 Canucks.  I think the guys are now playing for pride and so they'll dig deep and win.  Unfortunately?

That would be great if the teams has truly started to build identity and demonstrate pride. Unfortunately I haven't seen any sign of that at home this year, the last few years, or even lately. I hope this is a rock-bottom year and we have some might and pride next year. Tough to gauge because we have no idea what the environment is like in the locker room. Do the twins truly inspire the youth? What about Burrows with his antics?  Possibly but they are challenged by not being physical in a big, tough conference. They definitely don't inspire with aggressiveness but the way they can take a hit and keep on working magic could be sufficient inspiration. Then again, it could be propagating an attitude of submission. Until the team is much tougher, I expect little will change. It will be interesting to see where the As are stitched next year, and the size of the roster relative to this year.   

8 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

That would be great if the teams has truly started to build identity and demonstrate pride. Unfortunately I haven't seen any sign of that at home this year, the last few years, or even lately. I hope this is a rock-bottom year and we have some might and pride next year. Tough to gauge because we have no idea what the environment is like in the locker room. Do the twins truly inspire the youth? What about Burrows with his antics?  Possibly but they are challenged by not being physical in a big, tough conference. They definitely don't inspire with aggressiveness but the way they can take a hit and keep on working magic could be sufficient inspiration. Then again, it could be propagating an attitude of submission. Until the team is much tougher, I expect little will change. It will be interesting to see where the As are stitched next year, and the size of the roster relative to this year.   

Last game was a great pace and tons of energy - I actually go watch in person and can say I'm seeing a huge shift toward some jump and a fast team.   And they do stand up for themselves and don't shy away.  So I think they are in that process now...patience?  But don't let that get in your way of shredding the team to bits from afar?

Also, Jake on top line now?

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Last game was a great pace and tons of energy - I actually go watch in person and can say I'm seeing a huge shift toward some jump and a fast team.   And they do stand up for themselves and don't shy away.  So I think they are in that process now...patience?  But don't let that get in your way of shredding the team to bits from afar?

Also, Jake on top line now?

Not to disagree but last game as in the one against the coyotes? I'm only asking because the general consensus was that the entire first period and most of the second was a a snooze fest.

Shorthouse himself made comment to how unappealing the game was to the TV audience.

I've been to a lot of games too and I guess being there made the difference 

36 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

3-2 Canucks.  I think the guys are now playing for pride and so they'll dig deep and win.  Unfortunately?

Hopefully when they win its because they are digging deep and not because they are demonstrating an ability to perform when there is no pressure.

On 3/10/2016 at 4:29 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

I see a Weber on Weber fight with Weber being beaten down by Weber. Then Weber will be kicked out of the game, while Weber is taken off the ice in a stretcher.

That is all.

Weber.

Followed up by a Weber for Weber trade on June 30. ::D 

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

:towel::canucks:  :towel: 

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

This furry, and oh so very cute, alien always cheers for our guys to win the game.   I read game time comments on here, and think we are all in the same boat.  We love our guys, and always cheer for them to win.  After the game is finished, that's when We look at the standings and accept winning didn't help out our potential draft spot.  :mellow:

Archived