The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT & PGT: Preds vs Nucks, Saturday, Mar.12, 2016, 7 PM PST on CBC

Qwags

2 hours ago, b3. said:

Not surprised Gaunce is out, has been quite lackluster.

As I said before, he has had 5 games. There is not a rookie in the team including Baertschi who was more than "lacklustre" as you put it, after 5 games and some for more.

I disagree anyway He has put in quite a few good shifts made some good passes and had some nice takeaways. Certainly doesn't justify leaving him out but what did we expect with Henrik back?

Virtanen on the top line with the Sedins? Yes please! Since we are no longer playing for a playoff spot, I like the idea of rotating young guns through the RW spot with the top line! Give them a chance to see how the line flows with top vets. Of course, this could be why I will never be an NHL coach or player. 

5-2 preds

Expect another stellar cbc broadcast where we learn more about Toronto than either of the two teams on the ice. But then they focus on one Pred and talk about how great he is or will be.

fingers crossed galley isn't the colour guy. 

30 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

As I said before, he has had 5 games. There is not a rookie in the team including Baertschi who was more than "lacklustre" as you put it, after 5 games and some for more.

I disagree anyway He has put in quite a few good shifts made some good passes and had some nice takeaways. Certainly doesn't justify leaving him out but what did we expect with Henrik back?

Gaunce is the takaway master....well he will be in the furture. He is a ninja out there.

Virtanen with the Sedins. Hmm.

Liking how Virtanen can play pretty much anywhere on the line-up. Whether it be with the twins, with Horvat and Baertschi, with Vey and Dorsett, or with Granlund/Etem.

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

Baertschi and them also got benched and looked how they turned out. They learnt lackluster play is unacceptable and gave them time to improve on there game.

4 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

i thought i heard Benning say that Trym would most likely play next Wednesday against the Avs.

If Tryamkin takes the warm-up, I think it's entirely possible they'll play him. Actually, I'm predicting it will happen. 

Just now, Jack Fig said:

If Tryamkin takes the warm-up, I think it's entirely possible they'll play him. Actually, I'm predicting it will happen. 

Let's hope so :)    .... Or Nikita has a few wtf moments watching Weber play for us.

2 minutes ago, Cocolocci said:

I don't understand why WD is splitting our young line with Baertschi - BoHo - Virt.. Let them play together, to build some chemistry. Virtanens future isn't to be the 3rd guy oh the Twin-line.

I agree, I don't get it either. Develop him with the players of his age group. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

I agree, I don't get it either. Develop him with the players of his age group. 

to be fair, it could really help with Virtanen's development and if it works it could give WD options next season.  Hansen with Bo/Baertschi gives them a vet and a guy that can really do some heavy lifting on that line.  If it Virt clicks he could be a PP option as well

Archived