The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Lames 7 - Nucks 3 - Tank ON! - 04/07/16

Toni Zamboni

9 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

2nd worse impact by injuries in the league......stfu with the crying about Benning.  Maybe 5-10 teams have the depth to deal with what we did this year....

Injuries oh the loser excuse. Even the players and embarrassments like Benning dont use that one. 

Your right though aside from the 4th line this team has zero depth huh I wonder who put this team together.

7 minutes ago, combover said:

Solid effort 

winning culture 

hard working 

hard hitting 

goal scoring 

Effective Forecheck

defence (any kind)

good pp

good trade 

all things that won't be said when describing Jim Benning record setting Vancouver Canucks.

solid effort with the most man hours lost to injury ??
winning culture with very few veterans ??
hard working vets, with bunch of teenagers.
hard hitting our own heads in frustration.
goal scoring rookies looks promising.

effective forechucking hurt us in several 1 goal games.
defence collapsed.
bad pp.
some decent trades.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I wonder if they lose the last game against the Oil, if WD and the coaching staff get turfed?

At this point, it makes more sense to NOT win that game.

Canucks need a top 5 pick, preferably top 3 if possible.

1 minute ago, Rocky Balboa said:

I honestly would rather lose to Cali teams than Alberta teams.  All the Flames and Oiler fans I know are frigging annoying, almost worth a night in jail. 

It's the result of their inferiority complex because they have to actually live in Alberta.

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

It's the result of their inferiority complex because they have to actually live in Alberta.

One of them is from Sask and is a Coilers fan.  Took him to a game once and we lost to them.  Got death stares on the way home on the Skytrain and told him if we got in a fight he's on his own :lol:

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

Hey!  Alf went to Alberta once.  It's a step up from ?  Nope you're right - pimple on the rear of the world.  The festering kind.  

3 minutes ago, combover said:

Injuries oh the loser excuse. Even the players and embarrassments like Benning dont use that one. 

Your right though aside from the 4th line this team has zero depth huh I wonder who put this team together.

Very few teams have the depth to deal with what we did. How is that hard to comprehend? Pre existing contracts with no trade clauses/movement clauses and no cap space to work is more to blame for depth...and that is on the previous regime. Cumulative injuries is a loser excuse? What's your excuse being being obtuse? 

Today’s Summary: The Toronto Maple Leafs have the most man-games lost in the NHL. Four teams are in playoff position despite being in top 15 of man-games lost. On the other end of the scale the New York Rangers, Chicago Blackhawks, and Washington Capitals are the least injured teams in the league.

Below are the man-games lost totals and IIT metrics for all NHL games completed up to April 2, 2016. In addition to my team data (Table 1) I provide individual skater (Table 2) and goalie (Table 3) data. See my Frequently Asked Questions for more info.

What Do The Numbers Say?

1. The Toronto Maple Leafs (413), New Jersey devils (389), and Edmonton Oilers (357) have suffered the most man-games lost to injury. The New York Rangers (90) and Chicago Blackhawks (110) are the least injured teams. See Table 1 below for more rankings.
  2. Edmonton (1st) and the Vancouver Canucks (2nd) face the greatest cumulative impact of injured forwards or defensemen by the IIT-skater metric. The Colorado Avalanche and LA Kings have faced the least impact due to injuries.
  3. On the other hand, the St. Louis Blues are most affected by injuries by IIT-cfrel. The Blues are 13th in team man-games lost with 277 and have had injuries to multiple, high CFrel% players.
  4. The greatest injury impact for a lost defenseman (by IIT-skater metric) is Alexander Edler (26 games missed to injury and his relatively high ATOI). See Table 2 below for more skater rankings.
  5. For forwards, Mike Cammalleri’s 36 games injured leads all IIT-skater metrics for forwards. Connor McDavid is close behind (37 games injured).
  6. Brendan Gallagher leads all players in IIT-cfrel, based on his games injured and his relative Corsi%.
  7. Chris Phillips leads all players in cumulative minutes lost to injury (CMIP) based on his games missed and his 2014-15 average time on ice (he hasn’t yet played this year).
  8. For goalies, Carey Price’s 63 man-games lost and average minutes played place him first in IIT-goalie, impact to a team due to injury to a goalie.

Plot of Man-Games Lost to Injury vs Team Wins. Bottom Right = BAD, Top Left = GOOD, Bottom Left = fewer injuries, fewer wins, Top Right = more injuries, more wins. Bubble size indicates IIT-skater metric (cumulative quality of players lost).

NHL Man-Games Lost VS Team Wins Apr 2 2016

Side note:  I love being right about Calgary not being that good and last year being an anomaly with their underlying stats. :)

Just now, Rocky Balboa said:

One of them is from Sask and is a Coilers fan.  Took him to a game once and we lost to them.  Got death stares on the way home on the Skytrain and told him if we got in a fight he's on his own :lol:

Sask have the same issues but they usually have more class about it.

Good that you had his back. ::D

Just now, Alflives said:

Hey!  Alf went to Alberta once.  It's a step up from ?  Nope you're right - pimple on the rear of the world.  The festering kind.  

Honestly, Southern Alberta isn't bad, I love living there. Beats out Nor'Easter ice storms or Winnipeg winters.

9 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

You're right. What I get for listening to the dip$&!#s on the broadcast...

Ya those guys are clueless I'll be happy if we get a top 4 pick and get some much needed offense. Although our defence needs some work too but Hutton and tryamkin is looking good along with Tanev. Not exactly top pairing on most team but if we get some scoring along with some goal tendering ie demko in the future we'll be more competitive sooner than later.. Maybe not contenders yet but more entertaining for sure 

Archived