The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Draft Lotto

Inge34

18 minutes ago, Lulover88 said:

im really confused ..  i ra the simulator  and we got the 7th pick a couple times ?   i thought the lowest we could drop was 6th ?   was it just a bug ?  

That's Garry messing with Canuck fans heads.

2 minutes ago, Realtor Rod said:

Doesn't anyone else find it strange that are best odds are to pick 5th, yet,  we finished 3rd last? Shouldn't that make your odds of picking 3rd the highest? 

no because every team not making the playoffs is given a shot at picking 1st so cumulatively, with only 2 teams ahead of us with a combined probability of picking first of 33.5 % it is more likely that 2 teams behind us move up to the to 3 thus pushing us back.

14 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Dubois and Puljujarvi are my two favourite players in the draft. I'd love either one of them. Matthews and Laine are more flashy and Tkachuk has the bloodlines and is scoring crazy in the playoffs, but Dubois and Puljujarvi have the size and grit we need to take the next step and win in the Western Conference against LA, San Jose and Anaheim. 

We are getting a great player but he won't be great for 3 or 4 plus years and this team won't be in contention to win the west for many years. By then, the current top teams in the west won't be so good anymore.  

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

We are getting a great player but he won't be great for 3 or 4 plus years and this team won't be in contention to win the west for many years. By then, the current top teams in the west won't be so good anymore.  

Yeah LA is already in decline. San Jose has a couple of seniors on the team so they will be declining shortly. Anaheim will still be tough for awhile longer. As for the Canucks one of the top 3 picks will step in right away and Boeser is a year away. Tryamkin could be e revelation next year. It's possible we could very well make the playoffs next year with a Puljujarvi and a good UFA signing. As for contending in the West if the stars all align we could be there in 3 years or less. 

51 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Well, if that's the case I hope we get first to screw it all up. I want Laine or AM. 

57 minutes ago, Realtor Rod said:

Doesn't anyone else find it strange that are best odds are to pick 5th, yet,  we finished 3rd last? Shouldn't that make your odds of picking 3rd the highest? 

Not really. The whole point of the lottery draw is to lower the chances of the worst 3 teams getting the top 3 picks. Without any lottery we get 3rd for sure. Now there are 5 other possibilities for us. Canucks luck.

On 4/23/2016 at 6:10 PM, Dancin'Droid said:

There is actual balls but the whole thing is kinda boring. They upload a video to NHL.com after the reveal. Here is a link to last year's http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=810822

Still more interesting to watch than the stupid cardboard thing.

I don't see why they can't jazz this up and televise this live instead of the anti-climactic envelope thing.

5 hours ago, BCNeil said:

LMAO, so last Spring......Edmonton was on the verge of losing the team as well as having their half finished new arena mothballed permanently.  You win the internet.

Send me the link for that one...oh wait...you can't because that NEVER happened...pathetic

3 hours ago, AntiAquaman said:

Actually I live just hours from Edm and  Kratz and Co. were still screaming they couldn't get it built without Provincial Money before they drafted.  They win Draft and the CITY of EDM put up the rest of the funding..so ummm yeahhh  sort of know what I am yakking about numbnut.

Really...??..by all means send me the link to that article...oh wait...you can't, because that NEVER happened you pathetic fool...

On 4/22/2016 at 7:53 AM, SabreFan1 said:

Pierre Luc Dubois is rated as the top North American in the draft by Central Scouting.  The Canucks could use a good power forward.  At 17 years old he already has a man's body at 6'3" 200 lbs.   He still has even more growing to do. 

The Canucks already have a good power forward in Jake Virtanen. What they really need is a playmaker that has a good shot and can put up big points like Puljujarvi or Matthews. But if those aren't available then I'd take Tkachuk before Dubois

On 4/22/2016 at 7:54 AM, Alflives said:

Do you think there really are this many 'real good' players in this draft, or do we just know a lot more about this particular draft year because of our season?

There might not be a generational player in this draft like McDavid but there are many more impact players in this draft and the top 5 in this years draft is better than last years draft if you are evaluating how deep it is. Here would be the rankings if we mixed last year's draft eligible players with this year's draft:

1. McDavid

2. Matthews

3. Laine

4. Puljujarvi

5. Eichel

6. Tkachuk

7. Strome

8. Dubois

9. Hanifin

10. Marner

McDavid would obviously be still on the top but very close to him would be Matthews, Laine and Puljujarvi while Eichel would be one tier below with the ranks of Tkachuk. 

2 hours ago, theilluminati said:

Really...??..by all means send me the link to that article...oh wait...you can't, because that NEVER happened you pathetic fool...

http://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/projects_redevelopment/the-agreement.aspx

here the link you say does not exist *Cough Cough*... The City was  at least smart enough to keep the land title instead of the outright ownership of the land and arena Kratz  tried to force on them.....NUMBNUT

On 23/04/2016 at 6:08 PM, King Heffy said:

Would be so simple for the NHL. Just allow a rep from each lottery team in the room to ensure no funny business takes place and remove any doubt.  With all the secrecy and the crookedness of the NHL, it's unreasonable to expect an average person to trust the league.

They do...

Archived