The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Hopefully Benning can play Baertschi in some NHL games or atleast give him some confidence for him to re-sign.

He was ecstatic when he heard he'd been traded to Vancouver, and he's already played 60+ NHL games. Best for him to spend the rest of the season with Travis and be a key contributor to their playoff run, then come into camp strong next year ready to make the big club.

If he can keep a pace over PPG with the Comets expectations will be really high for camp next year, but honestly I think he can do it. The way he plays just helps generate offense all over the ice. I actually want to see him play with Jensen at some point.

Travis Green is a great coach. I feel real comfortable with him putting on the final touches for Baertschi. Watch for Baertschi to be a major presence next year. I don't know if he's calder eligible, but he his odds could be legitimate.

Travis Green is a great coach. I feel real comfortable with him putting on the final touches for Baertschi. Watch for Baertschi to be a major presence next year. I don't know if he's calder eligible, but he his odds could be legitimate.

To be eligible for the award, a player cannot have played any more than 25 games previously in any single season, nor have played in more than six games in each of two separate preceding seasons in any major professional league.

Sven has broken BOTH of those barriers.

Anyone see him as a fit with Horvat? Both above average passers and shooters with good speed. Maybe keep Hansen on the other wing or put Jensen there if he really picks his game up. Or if we are really lucky than Virtanen?

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Vey Bonino Vrbata

Baertshi Horvat Virtanen

Dorsett Richi Hansen

Kenins

Anyone see him as a fit with Horvat? Both above average passers and shooters with good speed. Maybe keep Hansen on the other wing or put Jensen there if he really picks his game up. Or if we are really lucky than Virtanen?

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Vey Bonino Vrbata

Baertshi Horvat Virtanen

Dorsett Richi Hansen

Kenins

that's a whole lot of speed skill and youth on one line. virtanen and horvat also both offer a physical side to their game (virtanen more so than horvat) i think it would take a couple of years before we'd see that combo though. they all need more experience before you toss them together.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Vey Bonino Vrbata

Baertshi Horvat Virtanen

Dorsett Richi Hansen

Kenins

Yep. I think Horvat will work great with a skilled puck handler and passer. I can see that line working great with a good board guy/grinder on the other wing to cycle and dig pucks out. Hansen or Burrows. In the future I see Gaunce fitting well. Another smart guy who can dig pucks out and get it to Baertschi.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Vey Bonino Vrbata

Baertshi Horvat Virtanen

Dorsett Richi Hansen

Kenins

No Matthias? I think Beartschi is alot faster than Horvat but that seems to actually bring up Horvat's skating when he's playing with faster players (Hansen, Kenins). I'd be OK with this lineup except i really do belive right now that Virtanen will be back in junior. Matthias surely should be signed

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Vey Bonino Vrbata

Baertshi Horvat Virtanen

Dorsett Richi Hansen

Kenins

Kassian/Higgins/Matthias all disappear I guess

No Matthias? I think Beartschi is alot faster than Horvat but that seems to actually bring up Horvat's skating when he's playing with faster players (Hansen, Kenins). I'd be OK with this lineup except i really do belive right now that Virtanen will be back in junior. Matthias surely should be signed

I agree that he should be signed, but I dono if we can. I also think Virtanen will be back in Junior now that we have Baer and Kenins pushing for roster spots next year.

The problem with Signing Matthias is that he will be one of the only pieces we have that other teams will be interested in. I know he likes it in van so maybe he will take a small discount to stay say Higgins type money - 2.5 3.5 3.5 3 for a total of 3.125 over 4 years

• Upvote 1

Whoa buddy slow the truck down there eh?

Lol alright alright, fact of the matter is I just think Baertschi would be a good fit with Horvat. We can leave the lineup stuff out till we actually know what JB does at the draft.

Baertschi Horvat

Looks like fun.

Argue with that!

I agree that he should be signed, but I dono if we can. I also think Virtanen will be back in Junior now that we have Baer and Kenins pushing for roster spots next year.

The problem with Signing Matthias is that he will be one of the only pieces we have that other teams will be interested in. I know he likes it in van so maybe he will take a small discount to stay say Higgins type money - 2.5 3.5 3.5 3 for a total of 3.125 over 4 years

Virtanen was never going to be a regular next season with the main team... Just because he's fast and can hit doesn't make him NHL ready...

My Lineup for next year:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Mathias-Bonino-Vrbata

Baertschi-Horvat-Burrows

Hansen-Gaunce-Dorsett

Jensen

Call Up: Kenins due to waiver eligibility

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Sbisa

Stanton-Bieksa

Clendening, Corrado

Miller

Markstrom/Lack

Trade Higgins, let Richardson walk. Or let Richardson and Dorsett walk and replace Dorsett with Higgins in the lineup.

Edited by 87Crosby

Virtanen was never going to be a regular next season with the main team... Just because he's fast and can hit doesn't make him NHL ready...

How can we know what he will be like come training camp in 6 months? I also highly doubt he makes the team, but it would be cool if he did because that would mean Willy really thinks he's ready.

If Baertschi can somehow crack our line-up before the playoffs...

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Baertschi - Bonino - Vrbata

Burrows - Matthias - Higgins

Richardson - Horvat - Hansen

We would have the deepest bottom 6 in the league..

Drooling at the thought Edited by Cpt. Horvat
  • Upvote 1

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Matthias - Bonino - Vrbata

Baertschi - Horvat - Burrows

Kenins/Dorsett - Richardson/Gaunce - Hansen

PKers: Burrows, Richardson/Gaunce, Hansen, Horvat, Matthias, Bonino, Dorsett/Kenins

PP1: Sedin - Sedin - Burrows - Vrbata

PP2: Baertschi - Horvat - Bonino - (Kassian or Dman)

IMO Trade Vey for a mid-late 2nd

Edited by JohnScott