The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

You'd make a good NHL ref.

Gaunce clearly kicks one of the goalies feet out.

O... I keep thinking he pushed him or give him a shot in the guts... didn't see his leg tangled with him.

How is that Brown? That foot barely pushed him off his balance....

More like that goalie is Smith than Gaunce is Brown to me...

If Gaunce can at least improve his first three strides and also work on his overall power, he should have as good of a chance as any in the NHL. I did note how slow he appeared when I watched the Canucks play in pre-season but his game didn't seem to revolve around him being a puck carrier as much as being in the right places. He obviously knows where to be - if he can add the ability to get there faster and overpower guys when needed, he should be just fine.

• Upvote 1

Don't really have to worry about gaunce, he's as safe a bet as Horvat to have a long NHL career.

agree. i thought gaunce played as good as horvat against men in the pre season, but horvat had the edge against the prospects. I like him cant wait for exhibition games next year.

One of the underrated aspects of Gaunce is his sandpaper like qualities. A lot of people rag on him not being as physical as he needs to be, but he's just not an initiator. In the preseason he got checked hard into the boards hard and got up with a fire lit under him and his physical compete level went up. The goalie trip is just another example of him playing with that I'm not going to take any BS attitude.

He may not be the one starting it, but he certainly isn't going to be passive either and I think that will serve him well as a pro early in his career. When young guys get physically engaged they become better hockey players. I think that's also part of why Gaunce played so well in the playoffs last year. I expect him to be one of the best forwards in the playoffs this year as well :)

• Upvote 1