The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

I agree, Gaunce needs to be on the team. If not this year, next year for sure. If Gaunce is not given his chance, i'd be extremely disappointed with management. 

I'm in the camp of keeping gaunce as far away from the Vancouver titanucks as possible. Looks like Virtanen, McCann, and horvat will all see their development hindered in this muddled, apathetic, borderline toxic environment. 

This is pure conjecture, but my prediction is that Linden steps away from the team within the next two years. I'd be surprised if Willie makes it past the upcoming draft. Let's keep the youngsters away from the "big" club until they settle into some semblance of orginizational stability. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GiveEmTheCan said:

I'm in the camp of keeping gaunce as far away from the Vancouver titanucks as possible. Looks like Virtanen, McCann, and horvat will all see their development hindered in this muddled, apathetic, borderline toxic environment. 

This is pure conjecture, but my prediction is that Linden steps away from the team within the next two years. I'd be surprised if Willie makes it past the upcoming draft. Let's keep the youngsters away from the "big" club until they settle into some semblance of orginizational stability. 

No chance Linden jumps ship.

3 hours ago, GiveEmTheCan said:

:lol: ok Kreskin

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2015 at 9:35 AM, shayster007 said:

No chance Linden jumps ship.

Totally agree. IMO Linden is much more hands on than fans give him credit. This is Linden's team before any one else, including Benning.

Of Linden, Benning and Desjardin, I can see Desjardin moving out first. What is happening on the ice this season is hardly all on WD. Limited offense and poor defense with few options. That is pretty tough for a coach. The only immediate strength, postionally, is in net.

If the cry for blood gets to intense in Van WD might be sacrificed. I do not think that is in TL & JB's nature. Surprising if Willie thinks his message isn't heard then he might op out. Either way Travis Green is a serious option. Many of the players coming to the Canucks will have played for him already. Not knowing the two men it might come down to a choice of which one can teach young players the best.

On 12/17/2015 at 10:16 PM, Crabcakes said:

Except Gaunce is being groomed for Left Wing.  Why can't people get over this?

I'm equally perplexed by people who feel that he couldn't or shouldn't go back to his natural position. It's pretty clear that we have a pretty shallow talent pool at center. LW is not any better, but why wouldn't you want a player has that versatility?

Oh and btw Gaunce is playing center tonight between Shinkaruk and Grenier and just scored a beauty off a nice feed from Shink.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

I'm equally perplexed by people who feel that he couldn't or shouldn't go back to his natural position. It's pretty clear that we have a pretty shallow talent pool at center. LW is not any better, but why wouldn't you want a player has that versatility?

Oh and btw Gaunce is playing center tonight between Shinkaruk and Grenier and just scored a beauty off a nice feed from Shink.

Saw the goal it was a beautiful. It's not that he shouldn't be a centre, its how long would it take to to adjust to playing centre. 

Edited by Gstank29

2 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Saw the goal it was a beautiful. It's not that he shouldn't its how long would it take to to adjust to playing centre. 

Well considering he scored a goal within his 1st few shifts, I'd say the adjustment period would be short:) We're not talking about a natural LW converting to center. His defense might take a bit to catch up, but he is one of our smartest players. As far as hockey IQ I put him at the top of the list of prospects.

On 12/17/2015 at 6:11 AM, GiveEmTheCan said:

Explain.

10 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Is Gaunce back at center now? That sort of versatility is huge for a team, if he just scored 2 goals as a center we've got some good news and a lot more room to play with. He has to be in the NHL full time next season.

He played centre today with Shinkaruk and Grenier, the comets top 4 centres were out of the game

Vey: Up with Nucks

Zalewski: Sick

Hamilton: Suspended

Friesen: Hurt

Goal 1: https://streamable.com/mxtz

Goal 2: https://streamable.com/w7he

Edited by Derp...