The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

55 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Where is Van's big C coming from in the future? Horvat has size but is he a 1C, to early to tell. The way Gaunce is being developed in Utica is encouraging as he will have a balanced approach which should make his transition to the NHL easier. I envisioned Gaunce pushing for 3C at some point.

Draft priorities for Van is a 1D and 1C. With movement of vets there is a chance that Benning will have 2 first round picks.

I predict Bo's ultimate spot will be franchise 2nd line center, assistant captain. If he can do the same things Kesler did during his time, that will help the team's future a lot.

Sooner or later the Canucks will be drafting very high, so hopefully there's great superstar centers and defencemen in those drafts. Guys like Gaunce will be important depth players. 

Overall, I'm pretty optimistic about this franchise post-Sedin era. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Canucks Prophet said:

I predict Bo's ultimate spot will be franchise 2nd line center, assistant captain. If he can do the same things Kesler did during his time, that will help the team's future a lot.

Sooner or later the Canucks will be drafting very high, so hopefully there's great superstar centers and defencemen in those drafts. Guys like Gaunce will be important depth players. 

Overall, I'm pretty optimistic about this franchise post-Sedin era. Fingers crossed.

I think that the projection of the future for this team is exactly that, drafting very high for the next few years if Benning is successful in this re-build. I am already looking forward to the 2017 draft where I am guessing the Canucks will be picking in the top 5. Nolan Patrick is a very enticing center prospect that would be a franchise player. Timothy Liljegren looks like one of the most exciting prospects coming out of Sweden since the golden age of Forsberg and that lot. He's crazy good and a future #1 d-man

2 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

Yeah. I'd be all for acquiring him. Very good depth defensman. Not just a family move but a good hockey deal. Could be our next Biega. 

ya and if its a 2way signing could he start in utica without waivers to start year? be a depth add, as Pedan is with the big club in some capacity next fall unless we trade him or risk the waiver wire

19 minutes ago, Yotes said:

ya and if its a 2way signing could he start in utica without waivers to start year? be a depth add, as Pedan is with the big club in some capacity next fall unless we trade him or risk the waiver wire

2 way contracts have nothing to do with waivers.  It's all about age and games played. That being said I'm not sure of Cameron Gaunces waiver eligibility. 

On ‎7‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 1:27 PM, TheRussianRocket. said:

cheeky

Awesome!  Thanks for posting that Rocket.

What a play, although I'm sure some would be very unhappy with both the goalie and the opposing C on that play.

LOL, Gaunce put that centre together before the play even started. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Awesome!  Thanks for posting that Rocket.

What a play, although I'm sure some would be very unhappy with both the goalie and the opposing C on that play.

LOL, Gaunce put that centre together before the play even started. :lol:

Way to go gunch!

20 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

2 way contracts have nothing to do with waivers.  It's all about age and games played. That being said I'm not sure of Cameron Gaunces waiver eligibility. 

23 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

Cameron Gaunce can't be assigned to the minors without clearing waivers.  He was waived by the Stars in September, 2014 and by the Panthers in September, 2015.

21 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Anyone else think he'll make the team next season? It certainly looks like it.

Which team do you mean by "the"?  I really think Gaunce is going at this TDL in a package with Hamuis to increase the asset value coming back.  Which ever team he goes to he will start right away.  So he will be making "the" team on March first.  IMHAO ::D

2 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

I agree with you that gaunce is going in a package.   zero opportunity in this organization for him, as he looked to have earned some early season games with his preseason play but didn't get it.

I don't get Gaunce not being up here either.  I wonder about Shinkaruk's future here too.  

On 2/7/2016 at 3:17 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

For a good laugh, people who actually understand how Gaunce plays the game should have a read through recent pages of the HF Boards Comets thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=2016243&page=11

That's really just 1 person that seems to have a bug up his butt about Gaunce. GoComets also seems to think that Gaunce is soft. Coach Green however, has Gaunce playing on the 1st Line and PP1 and PK1. I think I'll take the actions of the coach as evidence that he's playing the right way. Plus the majority are coming to Gaunce's defense in that thread and having watched those games myself, I have no idea what he's talking about. 

I really hate that HF board and rarely go there unless its to look at rumors from around the league and hear what fans from other teams are b!tching about lol.

20 hours ago, Boudrias said:

A 2nd season in the AHL does not close the book on either Shink or Gaunce coming up to the Canucks.  IMO it makes their transition to the NHL more of a certainty. For either to be part of a trade suggests the return would be transformational for the Canucks. I suggest the odds are against such a deal. Looking forward to both playing in Van next year.

Agreed. Bunch of Nancy panty-wetters in here

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Boudrias said:

A 2nd season in the AHL does not close the book on either Shink or Gaunce coming up to the Canucks.  IMO it makes their transition to the NHL more of a certainty. For either to be part of a trade suggests the return would be transformational for the Canucks. I suggest the odds are against such a deal. Looking forward to both playing in Van next year.

I meant now, not next season.  They are both playing really well, yet they aren't getting opportunity - even with guys out due to injury - to come up.  Why are they not up here?

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I meant now, not next season.  They are both playing really well, yet they aren't getting opportunity - even with guys out due to injury - to come up.  Why are they not up here?

Have you ever thought that they may not be ready to handle the best players in the world yet? Or that the 2015 calder cup finalists might actually be a better place for them right now than the bottom feeding canucks?