The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 goal and 3 assists in 8 games. He took a while to warm to the NHL, but now I think he's here to stay. In his first what, 5 games, he was scoreless and only around 50-60% in the faceoff dot. In the last 3 games he's scored 4 points and has been a monster at faceoffs around 70%.

Not going to lie, I didn't expect him to stay this season but he has been one of the Canucks best centers so far. We're a much better team with him in the lineup, a MUCH better possession and faceoff team, and now we've got a 3rd line that can do some damage. Dorsett really got Horvat going, and he's gotten Hansen playing well too as a result. Credit to Dorsett for clicking Horvat's game into gear but now I think we're seeing what this kid can do. He does the little things defensively very well which, against a team that just blew up Edmonton for 7 goals, is pretty impressive.

Horvat should be our 3C right now, leaving Matthias and Richardson for 4th line duties because they've both struggled at faceoffs and defensively, whereas Horvat has played a very impressive 200 foot game so far.

It'll be tough to see who sits out when Burrows returns, but right now I think it'll be Kassian. When healthy:

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Higgins - Bonino - Burrows

Dorsett - Horvat - Hansen

Richardson - Matthias - Vey

That 3rd line is absolute money right now and shouldn't be broken up

It's like we added 2 more cylinders to the engine, he is totally fueling the team right now ! Atta boy BO !

• Upvote 1

Dare I say it? Horvat has arrived. All it took was one goal and now, the floodgates are about to be opened up. The man-child does so many things so well. Plays a mature, seasoned, professional, disciplined game...he's making it tough on JB and WD to send him back to the O.

Other than the turnover in the neutral zone against Ottawa when he tried to dangle (? can't remember if this was the game), he hasn't made a noticeable mistake.

The age of Bo has arrived in Vancouver.

• Upvote 2

15 quality minutes tonight. Everything is checking out now. If this keeps up (to a lesser extent) then keeping him is the right move.

For the record keeps up doesn't mean 15 mins a night and 3 assists. It means consistently more than 8 mins of ice time and offensive zone possession.

That's exactly what I want. Best case scenario for Bo. Playing quality minutes while making a difference on the team.

That's exactly what I want. Best case scenario for Bo. Playing quality minutes while making a difference on the team.

Same here, I knew he could make this kind of a contribution, that's why its been so frustrating to see the games where he wasn't taking a regular shift.

But now they are playing him & we are seeing exactly what he can do.

There is no doubt he's ready to help this team right now, he's been playing better than Richardson & Matthias, and is our best faceoff man.

In this game there were a number of defensive players he made that were oustanding, he has such great anticipation to his game, it was awesome to see Willie have the confidence in him to play him, and he was rewarded.

It was also cool to see him beat Toews on the draw & outmuscle him down low.

The kid is definitely ready to contribute now, hopefully Willie keeps giving him (Aswell as Hansen and Dorsett) the minutes to do so.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Upvote 1

Very excited as to what he displayed today! If he sticks what happens to him for WJC, do we loan him still?

He played really well, but I kind of want to down play it a bit. It's not like he had 3 amazing passes that resulted in goals.

He had 3 assists but he wasn't even on the ice for 2 of them (boxscores show only a +1). All in all he played well and I hope this continues!

Dare I say it? Horvat has arrived. All it took was one goal and now, the floodgates are about to be opened up. The man-child does so many things so well. Plays a mature, seasoned, professional, disciplined game...he's making it tough on JB and WD to send him back to the O.

Other than the turnover in the neutral zone against Ottawa when he tried to dangle (? can't remember if this was the game), he hasn't made a noticeable mistake.

The age of Bo has arrived in Vancouver.

I'm also excited about Bo's recent success but over exaggerate much?

Looks like that goal really helped Horvat's confidence. His defensive game is as good as it gets as a teenage NHL player.

Just an absolute beast in the faceoff dot going up against big time centers like Kesler and Toews and winning the battles.

He may be a teenager but he has got NHL size and strength already. They don't need his offence yet, though he is capable of helping to chip in here and there if necessary.

Goal and assists aside, I am most impressed by his defensive game something most players have not figured out as a teenager.

Edited by Chip Kelly

I was a Horvat Nay Sayer. I was one of those guys who said send him back, but tonight he was extremely impressive. extremely impressive. Will is going to have a tough decision.

He was so good tonight, I was 100% sure when Horvat was out there, the Hawks weren't going to score on us.

Very excited as to what he displayed today! If he sticks what happens to him for WJC, do we loan him still?

I will love to see him get loaned still.

Personally I will love to see him Virtannen McCann and Suban go to war for team Canada.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord
  • Upvote 1