The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

So, reviewing tonights stats, someone help me out here...

Horvat assisted on 3 Canucks goals tonight, and the only goal Chicago scored was on power play.

The rest of his line shows as plus 3 for the night, how can he possibly be only showing as plus 1?????

2 of his assists were from touching the puck on the face off win, and after winning the faceoff he went to the bench, so he wasn't on the ice for 2 of the goals he assisted on.

So, reviewing tonights stats, someone help me out here...

Horvat assisted on 3 Canucks goals tonight, and the only goal Chicago scored was on power play.

The rest of his line shows as plus 3 for the night, how can he possibly be only showing as plus 1?????

He made the plays to earn the assists but went straight to the bench on a line change after. So a couple centres picked up free +'s. That kind of stuff is why +/- is not considered a "real" stat by some.

• Upvote 1

What were the stupid, moronic, idiotic, and completely imbecilic things people were saying about him before the season?

He lost 6 straight games including London's playoffs and Canucks young stars tournament (or some bullcrap like that)

He's a slow skater

He has no offensive skills

He's overweight

Hilarious. Where are those people now?

What were the stupid, moronic, idiotic, and completely imbecilic things people were saying about him before the season?

He lost 6 straight games including London's playoffs and Canucks young stars tournament (or some bullcrap like that)

He's a slow skater

He has no offensive skills

He's overweight

Hilarious. Where are those people now?

He did

He was slow then worked on it for a year

no one ever said that (that i can recall)

He was above game weight coming in to camp. Hes trimmed down.

Listen you mook. When someone says that a player isnt playing well that goes for past performances. We can't predict the future, we can however analyze the past. Because he had a monster night it does not make previous comments about previous games untrue. Do you understand? I know its hard for you.

• Upvote 3

Easy now.

Remember what happened with Hodgson.

The kid played great tonight, but we shouldn't expect that kind of performance every night.

Or how about Jordan Schroeder, that multi-point night against the Flames many thought they found the team's 2nd line center (Kesler was injured that time).

No reason to get angry...if I remember correctly, about 5 days ago you were one of the people pushing the hardest to send him down. If you feel bad about that, it's no reason to turn on your bitch-switch.

well what your doing is ridiculous. Based on previous play and TOI 5 days ago, yes he needed to be sent down if that play continued. There was no upward trend whatsoever. Bo got 4 mins of ice against OTTAWA. At that point in time there was no indication that bo would see 15 mins against the hawks.

Basically what's your saying is that because sbisa had a solid game last night that everyone was wrong for criticizing him for the rest of the season.

well what your doing is ridiculous. Based on previous play and TOI 5 days ago, yes he needed to be sent down if that play continued. There was no upward trend whatsoever. Bo got 4 mins of ice against OTTAWA. At that point in time there was no indication that bo would see 15 mins against the hawks.

Basically what's your saying is that because sbisa had a solid game last night that everyone was wrong for criticizing him for the rest of the season.

Its more than just what happens on the ice when you consider player developement. In Bo's case playing at the NHL level means he gets to practice and learn tips off of the Sedins and other NHL caliber players. Unless you get real lucky, you dont get that in junior. Sedins arent getting any younger either, so taking away a year of that opportunity could be costly.

At this point I dont know if Bo stays on the team or not, but he should get his 9 games at the least.

I was getting roasted about a week ago for saying he needed to stay up with the big club. I stated that with increased confidence and minutes his game would continue to grow by leaps and bounds and would find himself a role on the team for this season.

Oh what a difference a week and a few apples can make.

Very pleased to see Bo turn it on and force management to keep him. One more week and we should have our answer (at least until game #39)

for the guy who was saying bo wasn't contributing outside of faceoffs, last night you saw exactly what winning a faceoff, even ones in his own zone, can do. he got an assist based on his faceoff wins, one that led directly to 2 of hansen's goals. Henrik got a free +1 because of it too.

Even without the points Bo has been solid. A few forgivable mistakes that he doesn't repeat.

What he also does is make everyone on the team look over their shoulder. Bo's gunning for their jobs and everyone has to step up their games.

Perfect scenario for Bo as well. He's not being buried with pressure that can kill a rookie, just here to learn and play his game. I think you'd be crazy to send him back to london

I was getting roasted about a week ago for saying he needed to stay up with the big club. I stated that with increased confidence and minutes his game would continue to grow by leaps and bounds and would find himself a role on the team for this season.

Oh what a difference a week and a few apples can make.

Very pleased to see Bo turn it on and force management to keep him. One more week and we should have our answer (at least until game #39)

I was right there on the spit with you ;) I really don't get how people honestly thought his minutes were going to stay at 6-8 as though he wouldn't improve or gain more trust from WD but anyway...

As much as I've been pretty pro-Bo for a while now and wanted him up based on what we've been seeing, even I couldn't imagine last night's performance. That was nothing short of jaw dropping.

I clearly don't expect that level out of him every night but damn if he can be simply as dependable as he's already shown most of the time and have even a game 75% as good as that every few games holy... @#$%.

Edited by J.R.
  • Upvote 1

for the guy who was saying bo wasn't contributing outside of faceoffs, last night you saw exactly what winning a faceoff, even ones in his own zone, can do. he got an assist based on his faceoff wins, one that led directly to 2 of hansen's goals. Henrik got a free +1 because of it too.

Now, now, let's not sugar coat this. On the 2nd Hansen goal, Horvat actually lost the draw the Toews' side; it was a winger win by Dorsett that made the play happen.