The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-players-that-could-be-named-captain/c-299877590

Bo is among 1 of the 9 players that could be named captain in this article. I personally think it won't hurt the team to go a year without captain (3-4 Alternate Captains made up of Bo, Sutter, Edler and Del Zotto) and then after this year, Bo is name as the captain and Boeser gets an A as well. 

3 hours ago, Qwags said:

Our boi Bo has recently gotten engaged.

What a lucky lady.

Somehow I enjoy seeing a guy get married at a younger age like him. They'll likely have a long great life together.

• Upvote 3

From Elliotte Friedman's 31 Thoughts:

22. Bo Horvat’s gone from 16 to 20 to 22 goals, but feels there are too many missed opportunities. “I could have been a better finisher around the net. I think I had 10-15 breakaways last year, and I was probably one-for-15,” he winced. How do you fix that? “I worked on my hands around the net. Visualizing yourself scoring is a huge part of it. Watching Brock (Boeser) in practice and how he scores all the time…his confidence around the net, I can learn from that.”

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-examining-erik-karlsson-trade-fallout/

• Like 1

Team is very complimentary of Boeser and his ability to score. Love how Boeser is making people better just by being around.

Bo could very well hit 30 goals. He did have a few breaks that he couldn't capitalize on, starts burying those and his already really nice looking contract becomes amazing. His net presence is really nice as well for that PP, a reason why I think it had a resurgence last season.

32 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Team is very complimentary of Boeser and his ability to score. Love how Boeser is making people better just by being around.

Bo could very well hit 30 goals. He did have a few breaks that he couldn't capitalize on, starts burying those and his already really nice looking contract becomes amazing. His net presence is really nice as well for that PP, a reason why I think it had a resurgence last season.

With Brock and Elias on the wings and Bo at center on the PP we are going to be treated to a lot of tic tac toe plays with the end result being the hapless goalie fishing it out of the net.

Love Bo grabbing the leadship without the C. I honestly think his game will improve with added responsibility that the C would bestow. 

Pretty hard in himself to imrpove his game, he will be a guy that is always pushing himself to be better and finding ways to grow. 

IMO he is the only real choice do the C. 

11 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Honestly, I've kept assuming Bo's as good as he's gonna get, but he keeps improving. I'd be pumped if he can become a 60+ point player.

Considering last year was the first time he really played 5v5 with a top-end skilled player and that said player was a rookie and both missed significant parts of the season, as well as the fact that he's now going to be deployed as the 1a/1b scoring line, it appears that 60 points is likely his baseline as he already cleared 50 the year before.

• Like 1