The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

No more than 6 x 8 for Bo.  If he’s expecting more than 48 mil, then trade gas arse.  Get lost Bo! 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

No more than 6 x 8 for Bo.  If he’s expecting more than 48 mil, then trade gas arse.  Get lost Bo! 

If that’s the contract I would be be blown away honestly 

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

If that’s the contract I would be be blown away honestly 

Totally agree.  If 

Bo is asking (demanding) nor than 48 mil, then we must trade him.  A top four (young) right side D is 100% there for Bo.  Just say bye bye to Bo and hello to a proper partner for Hughes. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree.  If 

Bo is asking (demanding) nor than 48 mil, then we must trade him.  A top four (young) right side D is 100% there for Bo.  Just say bye bye to Bo and hello to a proper partner for Hughes. 

Almost no chance that happens. Horvat was signed to $5.5M in 2017 which was 7.33% of the cap at the time. This was after his first 20-goal season and 50+ point season. 7.33% of our current cap of $82.5M is $6.04M. Since his last contract, he has regularly scored at a 25+ goal rate and can be relied on for at least 55 points in a full season. All of this and you want him to take what is effectively a pay cut? I think you're off your rocker (scooter?) on this one, Alf.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Almost no chance that happens. Horvat was signed to $5.5M in 2017 which was 7.33% of the cap at the time. This was after his first 20-goal season and 50+ point season. 7.33% of our current cap of $82.5M is $6.04M. Since his last contract, he has regularly scored at a 25+ goal rate and can be relied on for at least 55 points in a full season. All of this and you want him to take what is effectively a pay cut? I think you're off your rocker (scooter?) on this one, Alf.

Another tough question we have to ask is, with Petey extension next year and Miller signed long-term, our 1C and 2C is set for the next half decade. Is it worth spending that much on a 3C?

3 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Another tough question we have to ask is, with Petey extension next year and Miller signed long-term, our 1C and 2C is set for the next half decade. Is it worth spending that much on a 3C?

Tough to say. A few great teams have had three amazing centres--Pittsburgh of late 2000s comes to mind with Crosby, Malkin, and Staal. The current Oilers have yet to reach that level, but reaching the WCF was pretty good last year and they have McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH. I think it might be worth giving a shot, though it's likely that they lines might be shifted around a bit occasionally to stack them up, particularly Petey with Miller.

1 hour ago, MrCanuck94 said:

When two are also excellent at playing wing why not?

Contenders usually have more than enough centers and move one to the wing 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I really think Canucks will sign and announce the new Horvat contract before season starts October 15th.

As much as everyone has there own opinion and we must all respect that?

I can't see Bo Horvat taking keeping his same contract  5.5 million?

Horvat should have a AAV between 6.4 - 6.7 million  X 7 yrs.

Horvat 27- 6'0 - 215lbs --C

Horvát produces  GP 75    G 25-27 --  ( 55--60 points)

I hear people say Landeskog contract  7 yrs X 7 million... This player is team captain and point a game guy last 2 years.

'Last years Stanley cup final GP 20- G 11 - PTS 22

This contract looks great for Colorado right now-- Landeskog  30 soon - 6'1- 215 - LW/C

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

I say yes; then keep drafting or signing Kuzmenko type wingers. If u have goaltending, Centers, and a good top 4 D, you have the makings of a contender.

I see the canucks with 2 of those 3...and a ridiculous wealth at wing the next couple years; we just need to fix the Top 4 D. This is hard in 2022, but will get easier as contracts and dead money come off the book. In reality, we could fix it by signing two 5m FA RHDs; you trade/dump Meyers (-6m), let Dermott walk (-1.5m), and pay to get rid of Dickinson (-1.65m) it does it.

Edited by BC_Hawk

On 9/19/2022 at 9:09 PM, MrCanuck94 said:

It's more about keeping your best players. Bo is not a 3C, he's arguably our best center (so far) who has been playing on a shutdown line with our lesser talented wingers. So, I guess you can say sure, he's been playing as a 3C, but has also managed to consistently be among the top scorers on the team while being utilized in a shutdown role against other teams top lines. He's also been a MUCH better producer than JTM at each year (by age) so far, and even tied JT for goals (essentially) last year which was JTs career year at age 29. 

Biggest complication though, is BB's contract. It would 100% be a huge insult to offer Bo less than BB is being paid as our top winger/ sniper. Bo plays a premium position, scores as many goals, and is an all around much better player than Brock (I love them both, though)

If there is a huge trade windfall for Bo that includes a top 4 RD I would be sad, but OK if it went that route. But there was no one offering said windfall for JTM who we apparently value more, so how does that work? Bo is worth less to us, but more in trade value?

A 3 C who plays top PP minutes Top PK minutes is the best FO guy on the team and one of the best in the league and led the team in scoring last year along side Miller.

Yes it is worth that much.

Who cares about numbered lines he's a 1c on a 3rd line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muttley said:

^^^^^ JUST THE FIRST PART

Pierre Lebrun was the TSN’er who suggested the long-term trade option during a televised segment. He suggests there is a pretty sizable gap in the two sides’ positions.

“I think that the Canucks’ front office feels a bit less pressure in the wake of J.T. Miller signing, to get it done at all costs,” Lebrun said. “In other words, they have a delicate salary cap position, and a Horvat extension has to fit within that long term. We’ll see where this goes, but certainly my sense is that if Horvat is not signed by the March 3rd trade deadline, there is a possibility the Canucks would trade him instead of losing him for nothing come July 1.”

While the player and his fans remain optimistic that a contract will be signed in a timely fashion, the messaging from the two sides, particularly from Canucks management, has clearly changed in recent weeks. As Lebrun suggests, part of that may be the unexpected resolution of a seven-year contract for leading scorer Miller, signed on the Friday of Labour Day weekend.

Postseason this past spring, the enthusiasm for a new Horvat contract was palpable, almost assumed. Since the Miller deal, there’s been a more measured response to questions.

“We still continue to talk here and as I said we have a lot of respect for Bo, Bo is our captain here and he’s been a good player for his stint in Vancouver,” Canucks General Manager Patrik Allvin said on September 6th. “Hopefully we can figure something out here.”   Not exactly a guarantee.

The Canucks open their regular season on the road against the Edmonton Oilers on October 12th.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------end

They need to stop this garbage from being a distraction. If the sides supposedly are far apart, that can change in a heartbeat if each gives a little. Look for it any day...

Yeah, I really think Lebrun is just making a guess there. I think there's a less than 5% chance that Horvat leaves this team over this next contract negotiation.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/23/2022 at 10:19 AM, Got the Babych said:

It's more about keeping your best players. Bo is not a 3C, he's arguably our best center (so far) who has been playing on a shutdown line with our lesser talented wingers. So, I guess you can say sure, he's been playing as a 3C, but has also managed to consistently be among the top scorers on the team while being utilized in a shutdown role against other teams top lines. He's also been a MUCH better producer than JTM at each year (by age) so far, and even tied JT for goals (essentially) last year which was JTs career year at age 29. 

Biggest complication though, is BB's contract. It would 100% be a huge insult to offer Bo less than BB is being paid as our top winger/ sniper. Bo plays a premium position, scores as many goals, and is an all around much better player than Brock (I love them both, though)

If there is a huge trade windfall for Bo that includes a top 4 RD I would be sad, but OK if it went that route. But there was no one offering said windfall for JTM who we apparently value more, so how does that work? Bo is worth less to us, but more in trade value?

On 9/23/2022 at 10:25 AM, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

A 3 C who plays top PP minutes Top PK minutes is the best FO guy on the team and one of the best in the league and led the team in scoring last year along side Miller.

Yes it is worth that much.

Who cares about numbered lines he's a 1c on a 3rd line.

JT took longer to mature and reach his ceiling, he always had a higher tool box. Horvat's reached his ceiling, his offensive metrics haven't changed much since year 3. He's more of a jack of all trades, master of none type player.

Already been posted and discussed many times so I won't go into it. He's a 2C, not a 1C. He's had good teammates the past couple seasons, so that myth has been debunked. He was poor defensively until last season, where he was average. This is supported by analytics.

JT Miller, Tyler Motte, Jason Dickinson, Justin Bailey and Juho Lammikko had more average SH TOI last season, so no, he wasn't our top PK minutes forward. He did feast on the PP, especially down the stretch, which helped his slow start to the season and brought him closer to his usual season production of about a 60 point pace.

EP and JT are elite top C's in the NHL, miles ahead of BH, it's really not an argument.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

JT took longer to mature and reach his ceiling, he always had a higher tool box. Horvat's reached his ceiling, his offensive metrics haven't changed much since year 3. He's more of a jack of all trades, master of none type player.

Already been posted and discussed many times so I won't go into it. He's a 2C, not a 1C. He's had good teammates the past couple seasons, so that myth has been debunked. He was poor defensively until last season, where he was average. This is supported by analytics.

JT Miller, Tyler Motte, Jason Dickinson, Justin Bailey and Juho Lammikko had more average SH TOI last season, so no, he wasn't our top PK minutes forward. He did feast on the PP, especially down the stretch, which helped his slow start to the season and brought him closer to his usual season production of about a 60 point pace.

EP and JT are elite top C's in the NHL, miles ahead of BH, it's really not an argument.

You contradict yourself by saying JT took longer to reach his ceiling....

How do you know Horvat hasn't reached his yet ? We have seen glimpses of dominance from him, remember the bubble playoffs against St Louis?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

How do you know Horvat hasn't reached his yet ? We have seen glimpses of dominance from him, remember the bubble playoffs against St Louis?

Bo is an excellent player.  Lots of teams would want to trade for him.  But it’s very unlikely we do trade him.  The offer would have to be crazy good.  Even then we would likely say no.  Bo is too important to us.  We will re-sign him soon.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

51 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bo is an excellent player.  Lots of teams would want to trade for him.  But it’s very unlikely we do trade him.  The offer would have to be crazy good.  Even then we would likely say no.  Bo is too important to us.  We will re-sign him soon.  

if we didn't let teams talk to Miller, we won't be letting them talk to Bo. There won't be a trade, at least not prior to the TDL and only if things really go in the crapper. Maybe not even then.

I am kind of curious if we'll see a Boeser for a d upgrade tho. 

3 hours ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Why can’t he play like that at least every second night..   why is the go to “ beast in the playoffs”

If he played consistently at a higher pace and was more emotionally involved ,  which is what playoffs bring out in a player..  he’d be worth offering over 7 .

I do see him bringing something great back in a trade to a team that needs a Center like Buffalo.

Bo Horvát is a #2 centre  on most teams. He will  score  25--30 G -- 55--62 points-- 57% face-off circle, Solid 200 foot. guy..

Very lucky to have 3 top notch centres..

I sure hope Horvat can be signed for cap hit AAV 6.6--6.8 million X 7 years..

I do agree at some point you have to say no to Horvats contract if over 7 million?

Petey 2 years needs new contract

Podkolzin 2 years contract

Hoglander 2023

10 hours ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Like I said, JT has always had a higher tool box, he just took longer to figure it out. Bo is good at many things, but he hasn't shown elite potential in any aspect of his game. He was known for his defensive play in junior, but that hasn't translated in the NHL.

Horvat scored at a 58 point pace in the bubble, on par with his career and what should be expected out of a good 2C.