The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

that's a very misleading stat, since he usually changes once the other team's line dumps the puck into our end and they change as well. it doesn't mean that they immediately went from the offensive zone to the defensive zone and stayed there the entire shift.

Yup. And I think it has went up lately because he seems more confident and doesn't rush off the ice right away like he did at the start of the year. It is one of those stats that needs a nice (preferably over 60 game) sample size.

I know it's nice that Horvat's faceoff % is high but the importance of faceoffs is often over exaggerated; there are other components of the game that matter much more than faceoffs.

His offensive zone starts are at 52.3% and his offensive finished are at 43.9%.

His relCorsi is the worst on the canucks at -16.8

The quality of competition he faces has gone up which is good, whereas his quality of teams mates has stayed very low.

He has performed better the last 10 or so games, probably because he has finally started to feel comfortable and thus has created some offense which was non-existent at the start of the season. So far he has played as expected - a fourth liner. However in context of him being a 19 year old that is very good. Just to be a 19 year old playing in the NHL is good.

Have you watched him play? If you have you've seen how much better he has been in the last 10 games. Stating some bs about corsi and he hasn't actually been good is so annoying. Who cares about corsi when you can just watch him play and see that he is playing great and most importantly developing way faster than anyone expected.

Have you watched him play? If you have you've seen how much better he has been in the last 10 games. Stating some bs about corsi and he hasn't actually been good is so annoying. Who cares about corsi when you can just watch him play and see that he is playing great and most importantly developing way faster than anyone expected.

I don't think you read and/or comprehended what I wrote.

This needs to be moved now. Horvat is no longer a prospect but an nhler regular

we've already discussed this. He will be moved from the prospects thread after this season. You just can't seem to get that through your head. Just like everything else. Your very stubborn, amd not in a good way.
  • Upvote 2

we've already discussed this. He will be moved from the prospects thread after this season. You just can't seem to get that through your head. Just like everything else. Your very stubborn, amd not in a good way.

To his defence, not everyone has read and retained every page of this thread.

Just a harmless question bro.

• Upvote 1

His transition from Junior to the NHL has been seamless.

He was a money in London with loose pucks around the net and he's identical in the NHL.

He has a knack for finding the puck before anyone else does.

Edited by playboi19

If it wasnt for my man crush on Virtanen, id be getting a Horvat jersey for sure. This kid is a tank, knocking guys like Chara around at 19. Gillis made a lot of mistakes but he also made a few brilliant moves. This is one of them.

I was scared when I heard we were going after Kane. Thought I might have to give up Horvat, the future captain or Virtanen the beast.

Not sure what the rules about threads are, but shouldn't the Bo Horvat thread be moved out of the prospect category. If he isn't a regular on the team by now I am not sure who is.

C'mon man, 6 posts before yours is the explanation. If you don't like it, go post in the other Horvat threads in Canucks Talk.

By the way, they don't move the prospect talk threads to the main Canucks Talk forum, they just lock them in the prospects directory and continue with any new threads that are created.

C'mon man, 6 posts before yours is the explanation. If you don't like it, go post in the other Horvat threads in Canucks Talk.

By the way, they don't move the prospect talk threads to the main Canucks Talk forum, they just lock them in the prospects directory and continue with any new threads that are created.

Right on!! Way to police these threads man! I tip my virtual hat to you :rolleyes:

Horvat is such a beast, but I wouldn't consider him a prospect anymore.

When will this thread be moved out of the prospects section?

Maybe next year we can move it after his rookie season has finished?

a lot of folks very concerned about "thread management" around here...

to get back to Bo Horvat - at what point do the optimists among us get to start updating our hopes about this young man's ceiling? i don't hear many more people capping their expectations at third line centre anymore, so that's all well and good.

on the other hand, and taking into consideration that Bo is in the process of smashing any realistic expectation of his rookie season...is there any way an optimistic Canucks fan could foresee him becoming a legitimate number one centre at some point in the future?

Oui shud muv dis tread to kanukz tok cuz hez ah reglar nough.

:bigblush:

seriously though. threads don't get moved out of this section, this thread will be locked at the end of the season (or next season) and people will then talk about him solely in CT. it's like CT people want exclusivity on all horvat discussions or something.