The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Boudrias said:

Ya, he looked pretty emotional. Allvin restated again yesterday that he thought they had offered Bo a fair deal. Bo must know that if he want s to stay it will be on Allvin's basis. If he did accept Allvin's offer would it mean Miller would be going? If I have to pick between the two I take Bo and trade Miller. Bo is almost 3 years younger. 

If he is gone, I'm glad they didn't trade him before the All Star break. Selected by a huge Canuck fan base to play in the weekend event, would be another black eye for this management team.

On a side note, if last night was Horvat's last game as a Canuck, has he done enough to make the Canucks' Ring of Honour when he retires?

Horvat currently sits 8th all-time in goals, 10th in points, and 13th in games played as a Canuck as well has has served as a captain for 4 seasons.

Personally I think if he retired to today he would. He has more games played and goals than Gradin and more goals, assists, and points than Burrows (who are both in) plus his time as captain. I think it becomes a little more complex if he plays another 8 seasons in the NHL though as there's a good chance that by that point Pettersson and Miller will have passed him in goals (knocking back to 10th) and a good chance they plus Hughes will have passed him in points.

3 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

On a side note, if last night was Horvat's last game as a Canuck, has he done enough to make the Canucks' Ring of Honour when he retires?

Horvat currently sits 8th all-time in goals, 10th in points, and 13th in games played as a Canuck as well has has served as a captain for 4 seasons.

Personally I think if he retired to today he would. He has more games played and goals than Gradin and more goals, assists, and points than Burrows (who are both in) plus his time as captain. I think it becomes a little more complex if he plays another 8 seasons in the NHL though as there's a good chance that by that point Pettersson and Miller will have passed him in goals (knocking back to 10th) and a good chance they plus Hughes will have passed him in points.

IMHAO we are going to extend Bo, but if he has played his last game for us he’s not a ROH player.  If he played 8 more years with us (which I expect will happen) the he will for sure be in the rafters. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

34 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Was thinking about this yesterday. I don't think he quite makes it as of now. Probably would need at least two or three more years to make it there IMO.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Was thinking about this yesterday. I don't think he quite makes it as of now. Probably would need at least two or three more years to make it there IMO.

Right now I think he's in a category with Kesler and Bieksa where an argument can certainly be made but he isn't a lock. I do think Horvat sits just above them though due to his captaincy.

50 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Right now I think he's in a category with Kesler and Bieksa where an argument can certainly be made but he isn't a lock. I do think Horvat sits just above them though due to his captaincy.

I think there are better comparables than Horvat not in the ROH right now, such as Bertuzzi and arguably Tanti.

45 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I think there are better comparables than Horvat not in the ROH right now, such as Bertuzzi and arguably Tanti.

Tanti is actually one of the better comparables, his numbers are a  little better than Bo’s and he played almost double the playoff games. Other than the bubble year the fact that Bo’s team haven’t been in the playoffs at all really hurts his chances. I love Bo but I don’t think he makes it.

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

If he were to be traded away this season, unless he comes back for a second tour of duty, the only way he become an RoH member is through his captaincy and only because of his captaincy.  Otherwise, there are many other players whose contributions outshine his contributions.

And I'm actually a big fan of BoHo, so I actually view his contributions as significant.

You might hate my comparison only. Because  he wasn’t very well received. Cody hodgson……..somewhat…..ish. 

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Sorry, you had me all confused because I was mentioning about contributions and you came out of left field with comparisons with CH9.  :lol:  I can see that the skating aspect does compare somewhat, though BoHo appears to have worked that part away in past seasons, to the point where it's no longer an issue - didn't he hire a skating coach a few seasons ago to help him work on his power and stride?  Probably something that BB6 could benefit from, to be honest.

Do u remember hodgsons back issues? And how his dad did the Eric lindros dad thing  his accusation was canucks medical staff misdiagnosed him. Sound familiar?  Thought about that when the Pearson thing surfaced. Yes boho hired a female power skater in ont. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Do u remember hodgsons back issues? And how his dad did the Eric lindros dad thing  his accusation was canucks medical staff misdiagnosed him. Sound familiar?  Thought about that when the Pearson thing surfaced. Yes boho hired a female power skater in ont. 

What’s that disease the Nashville doctor’s diagnosed Cody with, that our doctors missed?  He had to retire because if it.  Some kind of muscle degenerative thing.  I remember AV saying Cody didn’t have any “pop in his legs”.  I guess the Canuck’s doctors thought Cody was just not fit or something.  And then Gillis made that public comment, after he traded Cody for Kassian, that he spent more time dealing with Cody off ice than all the other players combined.  That was a real mess.  

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What’s that disease the Nashville doctor’s diagnosed Cody with, that our doctors missed?  He had to retire because if it.  Some kind of muscle degenerative thing.  I remember AV saying Cody didn’t have any “pop in his legs”.  I guess the Canuck’s doctors thought Cody was just not fit or something.  And then Gillis made that public comment, after he traded Cody for Kassian, that he spent more time dealing with Cody off ice than all the other players combined.  That was a real mess.  

There was an accusation of misdiagnosis. While he was here. I don’t know if later it was clarified. But his dad was making waves. I actually thought before all that.  He had some upside potential. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chon derry said:

There was an accusation of misdiagnosis. While he was here. I don’t know if later it was clarified. But his dad was making waves. I actually thought before all that.  He had some upside potential. 

Cody looked really good as a rookie.  Then the disease must have progressed and started to affect his muscles. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

12 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Tanti is actually one of the better comparables, his numbers are a  little better than Bo’s and he played almost double the playoff games. Other than the bubble year the fact that Bo’s team haven’t been in the playoffs at all really hurts his chances. I love Bo but I don’t think he makes it.

Tony Tanti: #12 draft pick who played 8 seasons for the Canucks. Scored some big goals. I cannot remember why Chicago gave up on him so quickly after drafting him. 

Sorry but Tony should not be in the ROH. Have to think about Bo but leaning to not. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Tony Tanti: #12 draft pick who played 8 seasons for the Canucks. Scored some big goals. I cannot remember why Chicago gave up on him so quickly after drafting him. 

Sorry but Tony should not be in the ROH. Have to think about Bo but leaning to not. 

Maybe the Hawks wanted a tough to play against, top line winger, who was a terrific fighter and popped 20+ goals instead of what Tanti did - score 30+. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ABNucksfan said:

horvat to islanders for Beauvillier, Raty, protected first-round pick

pick better be good 

The Isles, whose window is now, just stole a guy on his way to a 50 goal season. That lottery pick better be top 9 or management just gave away our second-best player for peanuts. Beauvillier is a depth winger only has only broken 20 goals once and is traditionally a minus player, and Raty, who had a great WJHC is not playing great in the A. Now deal Miller, Garland, and Boeser, who are obviously outside our window. The team is two bodies down now with Mac on LTIR and management giving away Pederson, I wonder if Raty gets a show-me promotion.

Edited by canuckleheads fan

56 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

The Isles, whose window is now, just stole a guy on his way to a 50 goal season. That lottery pick better be top 9 or management just gave away our second-best player for peanuts. Beau sillier is a depth winger only has only broken 20 goals once and is traditionally a minus player, and Raty, who had a great WJHC is not playing great in the A. Now deal Miller, Garland, and Boeser, who are obviously outside our window. The team is two bodies down now with Mac on LTIR and management giving away Pederson, I wonder if Raty gets a show-me promotion.

That bolded phrase is questionable -- they have good players but hardly any scoring.  
As for the pick, it can't be any lower in the standings than 12th OA; if it's 1-12 they retain it and we get next year's unprotected (in a "weaker" draft). 
Agree that we should trade Garland and Boeser, while Miller would be the dream.  Tear down and rebuild the middle 6 IMO.
If we move 2, 6, 8 and 9 I'd like to see us go young and really bring in more efficient supporting pieces

Kuz - Petey - Mikheyev
____ - _____ - _______ (maybe Hoglander or Podkolzin on the wings?  Still need a new #2C)
Beauviller - Raty - Podkolzin/ Hoglander/ Studnicka  

Hughes - Bear
OEL - _________
_____ - ________

• Like 1