The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016-17 Utica Comets Thread

Just now, stonecoldstevebernier said:

If they can make it, they'll play the Marlies. The Comets would be the #4 seed and Toronto would clinch #1 if tomorrow goes Utica's way.

awesome thanks! i live just outside toronto so i can go catch a game or two!

8 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

I don't know if he'll ever realize his potential in the NHL but he looks so dangerous out there whenever he has the puck. Its like he's a completely different player than when he got traded, at the AHL level at least.

He's been like that for years, looks like a star in the AHL, disappears at the NHL level.

7 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

I don't know if he'll ever realize his potential in the NHL but he looks so dangerous out there whenever he has the puck. Its like he's a completely different player than when he got traded, at the AHL level at least.

I do find our ahl system has not played to our prospect strengths  (other than grenier). Even if you look at Kenins had 12 pts in 36 games with utica.  Had 12 pts in 30 games with Vancouver. 

Horvat 0 pts in 10 games. 

Stecher 1 assist in 4 games.

It's almost like we have no idea with what we have with that club. Kind of frustrating when grenier and Archie are like ahl all stars but can't do a thing at the nhl level.   

15 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I do find our ahl system has not played to our prospect strengths  (other than grenier). Even if you look at Kenins had 12 pts in 36 games with utica.  Had 12 pts in 30 games with Vancouver. 

Horvat 0 pts in 10 games. 

Stecher 1 assist in 4 games.

It's almost like we have no idea with what we have with that club. Kind of frustrating when grenier and Archie are like ahl all stars but can't do a thing at the nhl level.   

To many plugs that smother offence

Archived