The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016-17 Utica Comets Thread

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well looks like their playoff hopes are dead on arrival.

The Ice Caps go up 3-0 and the Comets go down 2-0.

A good season nonetheless considering all the adversity they went through.

If the Comets played half as good in the first half in the season as they did in the second half they'd be in the show. Unfortunately they didn't.  

One thing I don't like about Green is his refusal to shake up the lineup.

This team has been struggling to score and has been pretty bad defensively, yet he keeps icing pretty much the same roster.

Would it really hurt to give MacEwen a look? Seems like they need a spark, and aren't getting it from the regulars.

2-0 Crunch after one thanks to those goals that came ten seconds apart. Shots are 13-5 for Syracuse and the totals reflect the run of play in that frame... the Comets really had no sustained pressure and no prime scoring chances to speak of. Despite resting most of their top regulars the Crunch have still iced a decent team that is outplaying the Comets left and right and Demko has been forced to make several difficult saves with the ice tilted in his direction. No penalties for either team in that period.

St. John's leads Toronto 3-1 after two periods, so the Comets will have to cross their fingers and come out far stronger the rest of the way.

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

One thing I don't like about Green is his refusal to shake up the lineup.

This team has been struggling to score and has been pretty bad defensively, yet he keeps icing pretty much the same roster.

Would it really hurt to give MacEwen a look? Seems like they need a spark, and aren't getting it from the regulars.

A new player with tons of adrenaline on a new team is refreshing and gives an obvious bump in zip.Look at Burr and his new spark in Ottawa. Why coaches don't utilize this more like MacEwen pretty much earned a look at least?

11 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

A new player with tons of adrenaline on a new team is refreshing and gives an obvious bump in zip.Look at Burr and his new spark in Ottawa. Why coaches don't utilize this more like MacEwen pretty much earned a look at least?

I don't understand it.

Willie was the same way though. He had his guys that he would play over anyone else regardless of earning their ice time. Kind of annoys me.

MacEwen brings size, speed, and a great shot. Pretty much everything the Comets need int heir lineup.

Archived