The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

With Tryamkin and Stecher on the Vancouver scene already it makes Joulevi's arrival less imperative and should enhance his development opportunity. Classic Canuck is to bring him into the NHL to quickly. I prefer a season in Utica as more a matter of course. With the current youth already on the Van d-core it is likely how he evolves.  

Juolevi is a 5 years down the road pick. Which will be perfect timing. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Anybody know how many minutes a game Juolevi is getting?

I find it surprising that his team consistently puts up 6 or 7 goals and he only ends up with 1 point. Just touching the puck should result in more assists for him no?

Mette gets most of the offensive starts, Juolevi is used more defensively.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Even still, when his linemates are having 3 and 4 point games you would think he'd be picking up more secondary assists.

Look at stechers numbers in UND, they play a similar system.

Transition defensemen don't pick up big numbers in these sorts of systems.

It's been like a decade that a defensemen has been PPG in a hunter system.

21 hours ago, Alflives said:

How can he do that, but NEVER LOOK at the puck?  He's got star # 1 Norris winner written all over him.  There are some posters here who have never played with a Norris calibre d man, so they just don't understand his importance.  That's okay though.  Alf still loves them, even though they lack true hockey knowledge at the elite level.  

This was the last one.  

Alf.  You are out of your mind.  

Blocked

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Anybody know how many minutes a game Juolevi is getting?

I find it surprising that his team consistently puts up 6 or 7 goals and he only ends up with 1 point. Just touching the puck should result in more assists for him no?

It did when he was feeding the puck to Tkatchuk and Marner. 

1 minute ago, The 5th Line said:

And Dvorak and Jones among others.  

Poolparty and Laine at the world juniors.

Juolevi probably isn't the driver of offense that some may think he is

He actually was in the World Juniors which is why he had over a point per game.

That's why I'm surprised he's not picking up more assists this year.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

And Dvorak and Jones among others.  

Poolparty and Laine at the world juniors.

Maybe Juolevi isn't the driver of offense that some may think he is

He creates opportunity. It's up to others to finish them when it's off the rush like that.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

What are you talking about?  I'm simply pointing out the fact that his offensive numbers this year might not be as good as we expected because  he isn't playing with players as elite as the ones listed.  

What seems to be the problem here little man?  

You sir are an idiot. You said that he isn't as capable of putting up points but you ignore his point totals from last year http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=196391    He isn't the player you think he is if you think he is going to put up crazy numbers.

My point was you have to watch him to understand why he is a great prospect. Clearly he isn't going to put up big numbers, but the corsi wankers are going to piss their pants over this kid.

The London Knights put up ridiculous numbers every year. Dammit. We coulda had Pu. http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?year0=&status=stats&team=206

Edited by canuckledraggin
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, sharbinder said:

I'm not quite sure why there is any discussion about Juolevi's point production.... he was scoring at a .737 PPG clip on a team with the best line in junior hockey. 

This year he has a .75 PPG clip, after losing that whole top line. That is an improvement now points and worse quality of line mates. 

ALSO: He is also paired with Victor Mete a lot this year. Meaning he is taking the brunt of the defensive play while Mete joins the rush a lot after Juolevi moves the puck out of the zone. 

This is a very good point if it happens a lot. I have not seen any London games this year and am not likely to (unless they play in the Memorial Cup). How often does Juolevi play with Mete, and how often does take on the more defensive role?