The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

18 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

You were trolling and you got caught, don't try to turn this around on me.  

You need a new dictionary.   I wasn't caught, I was calling you on your post.    Deal with it.   If you don't agree with an opinion, that is what discussion is for.   If you are dead set on constantly doing anything you can to put the team that this site is about look poorly in any given conversation, why do you seem so surprised to get called out?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Toews said:

My sources tell me your sources are make-believe. :P

Fair enough.   We all have to trust our sources or get new ones.   I like mine.  I have played with many of mine.   Mine will also enjoy the news that they are magical (make-believe).   One in particular will find that news quite entertaining.   :lol:

• Upvote 1

To all the people upset with Juolevi's supposed lack of progress, how many of you think Chabot is an under performing prospect?

They appear to be on very similar time lines for making the NHL. Is Chabot a 'disappointment'?

Honestly the lack of patience....

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

To all the people upset with Juolevi's supposed lack of progress, how many of you think Chabot is an under performing prospect?

They appear to be on very similar time lines for making the NHL. Is Chabot a 'disappointment'?

To be honest I don't follow other prospects as close as our own. I have expectations for each of our prospects. Those expectations have nothing to do with any player not in the Nhl . 

19 hours ago, joe-max said:

I watched all the Finnish games. Juolevi was rock solid, unlike Heiskanen, who I believed tried to force things too much, he played an extremely calm, confident and effective game. In the quarterfinals Finland outshot the Czechs 54 - 30, but lost in the shootout. Happens. Before that the had lost 2-3 to Canada and 5-6 to the USA. Both very even affairs. No reason to discredit the team, they just lacked fin(n)ish.

I don't see that. Sure, similar age, same nation, but totally different style of players. You wouldn't constantly compare Lind and Gadjovich although they are both Canadian, of the same age and both play junior hockey. 

Not sure what the big fuss is all about. He was obviously a bit under the weather and not in best form. Sick, tired, overplayed, whatever. No real contradiction here.

Joe, you logic and reason has no place in this discussion.

Just now, 73 Percent said:

To be honest I don't follow other prospects as close as our own. I have expectations for each of our prospects. Those expectations have nothing to do with any player not in the Nhl . 

Sure, that's fine.

But perhaps some perspective on how long it actually takes guys not named Doughty or Ekblad to generally make the NHL in most cases would help when evaluating our own, no?

Just because guys like McAvoy or Sergachev beat the odds of getting there sooner as later picks, doesn't mean OJ can't, won't or is somehow 'failing'. 

Especially when most considered OJ's time frame to be 2-4 years when he was drafted.

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Neither do your fake sources flu boy

LOL.  I can assure you the people are not fake.  They stand by their information.    I trust them.   You don't need to.   In fact, why even should you?   They were right on EP being sick but that was more widely reported so whatever.   I get a ton of insight on hockey in Europe from a number of people and we share back and forth and it forms much of the information I share here.   If people want to use that information or choose to ignore it, really isn't something I can control or, and sorry about this, really care about.   ::D    I will continue to post from the basis of information I have and that includes information I get from a variety of people - put me on ignore if you don't like it.    Call it fake news.   Do whatever you wish!   

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

If Juolevi or especially Virtanen were drafted by other teams, there'd be no shortage of calls here to try to acquire them.  Grass is always greener, and to some the grass on the Canucks' lawn always has a fecal-brown hue.

• Upvote 1

I think people have to keep in mind that JB didnt pick him for his athleticism.  That's something he has to work on off ice, and part of his overall long term development.  What he was drafted for is hes going to be the guy feeding the puck to Brock, Bo, and Elias.  From the little bits Ive watched him Ive seen a guy who definitely is very crafty with his passing and has good vision down the ice.  BUT he has to be able to defend well and by all accounts that is one of the goals he is working on to improve on with Salo

On 2018-01-31 at 5:45 PM, joe-max said:

I watched all the Finnish games. Juolevi was rock solid, unlike Heiskanen, who I believed tried to force things too much, he played an extremely calm, confident and effective game. In the quarterfinals Finland outshot the Czechs 54 - 30, but lost in the shootout. Happens. Before that the had lost 2-3 to Canada and 5-6 to the USA. Both very even affairs. No reason to discredit the team, they just lacked fin(n)ish.

I don't see that. Sure, similar age, same nation, but totally different style of players. You wouldn't constantly compare Lind and Gadjovich although they are both Canadian, of the same age and both play junior hockey. 

Not sure what the big fuss is all about. He was obviously a bit under the weather and not in best form. Sick, tired, overplayed, whatever. No real contradiction here.

OJ has a habit of doing well with more pressure. 

This is is an overlooked/underrated part of his game.  He did very well in the WJC outside of the Finnish implosion 2 tournaments ago. 

He has done well in the OHL playoffs and the MCC. That’s a thing to want out of a defender. Some one that can up their game when it matters on the back end. We truely don’t have that on our roster ATM.