The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

On 10/9/2018 at 10:25 AM, flickyoursedin said:

I’d imagine the Canucks sign him after this season irregardless of if he puts up over a point a game. Lockwood looks to be trending in the right direction since being drafted. That and I don’t think they want to risk him going back for his fourth season and be tempted with free agency.

Benning needs to sign him NOW ASAP. Lockwood is an NHL talent and I think he could be a pretty good top 6 forward. Just imagine this top 9:

Boeser-Petterson-Dahlen

Lockwood-Horvat-Goldobin

Lind-Gaudette-Viratnen

Gadjovich-Beagle-McEwan

That forward corps will be tops in a couple of years. Plus we would have spares like Baertschi, Leipsic, Granlund, Palmu, Jasek, Motte, Schaller, Roussel etc. Definitely see Gadjovich, McEwan, Lockwood and Dahlen on the roster in a couple of years. Now the defense is another story but hope Hutton keeps improving and Joulevi makes it along with Hughes.

23 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Dude..If you're looking North(where all the ice is floating in the sea, wayy atop the world), your left is due West..where the sun moves to sleep at night.

Next morn the sun comes rippin round & RISEs in the East(THAT's yer right side), etc...

You got all the rightys on the left..It ain't right, with all the guys left...

lol I just honestly didn't think about it, I randomly made the lines. Although you get the point I was making.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

lol I just honestly didn't think about it, I randomly made the lines. Although you get the point I was making.

Yeah..I shouldn't go full-on a$$munch-mode either..just horsin around, cos' someone left my barn door open! :^)

You're right, the depth is building beautifully. Someone's hurling ringers at the draft table!

Mel Pearson (Michigan coach) on William Lockwood:

"Really pleased with where Will is at. He has missed a ton of hockey over the last two years. He is up to 5 points in 7 games and plays in all situations. His line has a chance to be one of the best lines in college hockey. Speed, strength are both up."

"He adds tremendous speed to our lineup and with the Canucks speed, I can see Will with a chance in Vancouver down the road."

• Upvote 2

William Lockwood on Sportsnet 650:

"Really grateful to be back on the ice - it's been a long time. We've had some team success so far and look forward to advancing that in the future."

"I took a lot away from when I was injured. I play a little less physical now but its something that gets me into the game, to have that side of me is important to me still. Watching the games last year when I was in the stands help my game."

"With the shoulder injury, I've been able to focus working on my lower body. It has helped my overall speed coming into this year."

"Every time Quinn Hughes has a shift, it's pretty exciting to see. To be his teammate and involved in the same organization is an awesome experience. I look forward to see what he's going to do the rest of this year."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/3/2018 at 8:54 PM, GoodCanadianKideh said:

...maybe a ‘Black Ace’ for the nux this season after Michigan wins the Frozen Four...?!?

Michigan in tough this year to get anywhere close to that tournament.   This is a transition year for them.