The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

19 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Dang this sucks! He would crash into the boards on the same shoulder he was already nursing from the pre-tournament game. Not 100% sure but I think it’s the same shoulder he had surgery on last year. Hopefully time off is all he needs!

Very unfortunate. My only concern about Lockwood's play was his level of physical contact. Physically I was wondering if he was big enough. It is an aspect of his game which really makes him standout but I think he has an offensive upside as well. 

A rebuilt shoulder can be even better than the original model assuming you are not a baseball pitcher as they can really tie things tightly but the healing time is double to triple a knee.   If he needs a major interventional procedure, 6 to 9 months is about right based on people I know who had major shoulder issues.   Good news was most came back saying it felt great but the rehab is a long.

57 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I just hope he doesn't become a sort of 'Rodin 2.0'. All the talent (and moxy) in the world but just can't stay healthy long enough to make a go of it...

JB and management were telling him to tone down the physical play purely for self-preservation, but its hard to just stop playing a style you are accustomed to, especially if it gets you success.

Now I'm no scout but from the highlights shown above, it appears all of his goals are from up tight. That can be a good and bad thing. I love how all of his goals are earned as he fought for them true will. 

On the down side, he doesn't seem to be have a great shot. Is it possible he can develop one? If he does, I see him becoming Kesler light version. Just my two cents.