The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Vey not tendered a qualifying offer"

JustABandwagoner

I never had a problem with Vey, thought he was serviceable for the team.

Wish him the best of luck with his career and his personal life, going to a smaller market in the states or overseas to Europe will probably benefit him right now.

It's not a wasted pick. We got 2 seasons out of a 2nd round pick. If we had drafted Vey with that 2nd we should be very pleased with how far he came considering 70% of 2nd rounders don't make the NHL. At the time the trade made sense.

Not too surprised in the end though. He just never really clicked here and we need the extra roster spot for our abundance of forwards competing. I'm definitely rooting for the guy though, especially in light of how much he's had to go through off the ice. Good luck wherever you land Vey.

On a side note I'm kind of surprised they qualified Grenier. Didn't see much of anything from him when he came up in comparison to Zalewski and Pedan who did have some noticeable contributions.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign a 2 way contract here, and start in the AHL.  He was having a good season in Utica and delivers some center depth, no matter what the haters say.  And before the complaints on a waste of a 2nd round pick....  Its just lotto tickets.   Some are more weighted than others, but we can load a few hockey teams on the amount of first rounders that are bust, just in the last decade.   You win some, you lose some, deal. :)  Personally, I like buying the Set for Life scratch tickets that are blue....still haven't won.

5 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

On a side note I'm kind of surprised they qualified Grenier. Didn't see much of anything from him when he came up in comparison to Zalewski and Pedan who did have some noticeable contributions.

We just keep his rights is all.  He's definitely on the bubble, and a very thin one.  Would probably clear waivers after camp though.

9 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i'm pretty sure with the right amount of marinating, vey can be very tendered

That isn't creepy at all...

40 minutes ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Your thread title is extremely confusing.  You should change it to "Vey not tendered a qualifying offer" so it's less confusing.

Or he could have just left it since we already knew he wouldn't be from the existing thread.

25 minutes ago, billabong said:

Couldn't be more happy he's gone. He was the most frustrating player to watch and get behind when favouritism was clearly a factor when he didn't deserve it. 

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but Vey not being qualified does not automatically mean that he's gone (though it's rare when an un-qualified RFA is re-signed by the team that did not qualify them).  Vey could very well still come to an agreement with the Canucks at a lower cap hit/two-way deal.  IMO, that's a real possibility with Vey.  

Archived