The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

15 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

I hate getting boners for no reason whatsoever. So annoying sitting with people and I get bored of them and my boredom causes involuntary boners 

Why was it always 30 seconds before class ended? Then some girl you were friends with would run into you and want a hug while you had pitched a tent and were trying to hide it with your books?

Awkward...

I went to the pool to try and get a spot in the whirlpool because my of neck and there are 10 people all around soaking their feet in it.  If you can't take the heat and are unable to actually sit in the whirlpool then gtfo and make room for those of us that want to sit and  master relax.

7 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Why was it always 30 seconds before class ended? Then some girl you were friends with would run into you and want a hug while you had pitched a tent and were trying to hide it with your books?

Awkward...

They knew you were packing heat. They were hoping you would admit that it was them who caused it. I had a similar issue. I eventually started pushing it against them thinking it would deter them. It didn't. My friends girlfriends were the worst. Actually the best Shhh!!!

• Upvote 2

People who ask you a question to which you say "No", and then keep asking over and over and over.

"Bart works here, doesn't he?"

"No"

"You sure? Bart? Big guy, goatee?"

"No"

"Bart? You don't know him?"

"No"

"Yeah, Bart, he works here? Bald, big guy?"

"I ALREADY SAID NO, JESUS MURPHY! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD"

"...So Bart's not here?"

2VnQ8nY.gif

• Upvote 2

I hate when you are sitting at home craving something sweet...I dont usually buy much sweet stuff..like cakes. pies and cookies..I went to the mall the other day and they were selling Girl Guide cookies..I like the chocolate mint ones  but by the time I left I forgot....so nothing sweet except a tub of honey...thinking of toast with honey and cinnamon...not quite chocolate mint cookies  but it will have to do.

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I hate when you are sitting at home craving something sweet...I dont usually buy much sweet stuff..like cakes. pies and cookies..I went to the mall the other day and they were selling Girl Guide cookies..I like the chocolate mint ones  but by the time I left I forgot....so nothing sweet except a tub of honey...thinking of toast with honey and cinnamon...not quite chocolate mint cookies  but it will have to do.

I know how you feel!  I've been there many times!  And I do buy cakes, pies, and cookies, and you should see how I pile up at the grocery store, and how I want dessert to be the first thing while at the restaurant besides my wine.  I just finished my 2 pkgs of Girl Scout inspired crunch bars, and I have started on the Mounds bars.  I am preparing for my diet tomorrow. It's good to not have all this candy in sight while on a diet.

Edited by brilac
2 minutes ago, brilac said:

I know how you feel!  I've been there many times!  And I do buy cakes, pies, and cookies, and you should see how I pile up at the grocery store, and how I want dessert to be the first thing while at the restaurant besides my wine.  I just finished my 2 pkgs of Girl Scout inspired crunch bars, and I have started on the Mounds bars.  I am preparing for my diet tomorrow. It's good to not have all this candy in sight while on a diet.

you will have to keep us informed how your diet is going..you have a big sweet monkey on your back....lol

12 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

For the most part I gave up on the sweets.  My sweet treat nowadays is a country grain loaf from Cobs bread and some organic strawberry honey, that and maybe a chocolate croissant every now and then.

People at the gym who:

-don't wipe down their machines after use (gross)

-talk on their phone the entire time they're doing cardio when it's so loud it drowns out my music (and we're talking Rage Against The Machine)

-SLAM DOWN their weights after every single set, like they just killed a bear with their bare hands...we hear/see you, now pipe down, it's 15 lbs not a car.

Also, co workers who float and are not accountable.  When you're an adult who's part of a team, when you don't pull your weight it means someone else has to pick up the slack, slacker.

Lastly (for now) - every single driver on the road.

12 hours ago, brilac said:

Diets are temporary, try to think of it more as easing into an overall lifestyle plan vs something with a start and a finish date.  Rather than eliminating things you love, which is punishing, try to focus on portion control and allowing yourself a "taste" of something you love.  Then you're not depriving yourself and waiting to be "off" a diet.

It's tough....people at my work bring chips, pastries, yummy stuff for the community share table all the time but I'm selective in what I allow myself to have.  I'll cut a slice of a pastry vs having a whole one.

Off topic, so I'll tie it in by saying I hate those people who can eat everything and never have to work out or care.  They are aliens.