Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Workin'.. yup.

Bored - Check

Hockey'll be on soon

I'm so done there isn't even any paper on the desk to shuffle if the boss came in...

Guess I should half run a report.. like put a few numbers in, and a couple of dates.. and not press "run"

This is fun

SHUFFLE_zpsm1j2pxtd.jpg

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

SHUFFLE_zpsm1j2pxtd.jpg

I resemble that.

But to be fair to myself - I submitted a booking order today, one day before its deadline.... for delivery in March 2017...

Which means I had to run a real report today, do a forecast and write the booking. 

But I was done by 11:00.

Thinking I might stream the game, and work an hour of OT!

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Lucky you. I am only the Assistant to the Chief Paper Shuffler, but I am hoping with years of hard work and determination I can one day become the Chief Paper Shuffler.... *sigh*.... one can dream....

It ain't easy. You have to make sure you shuffle at just the right pace. You need just the right amount of piles. Just the right amount of sweat. Too many piles, too much sweat.....means you aren't quite efficient enough. Not enough sweat and piles you get accused of shirking your duties. It's a fine line.

Hang in their, Tiger. You will get there one day.

And beware of staples.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

It ain't easy. You have to make sure you shuffle at just the right pace. You need just the right amount of piles. Just the right amount of sweat. Too many piles, too much sweat.....means you aren't quite efficient enough. Not enough sweat and piles you get accused of shirking your duties. It's a fine line.

And beware of staples.

And paper cuts.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

So I got chastised for leaving work a few minutes early!!! Now I have to stay right until 9:00. I missed both World Cup games and the Canucks pre-season games as well. Blarj!!!!

Sounds like a hostile work environment. I'd march on down to the labour board over that one!

Claim hockey is your religion.

8 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Sounds like a hostile work environment. I'd march on down to the labour board over that one!

Claim hockey is your religion.

I guess I shouldn't complain because I am lucky to work in a very good environment with really nice people. Most of my co-workers know that I am a diehard Canucks fan and many of them are also big fans. They also give me Canucks tickets on occasion so one more reason to keep my mouth shut and do my job.

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I guess I shouldn't complain because I am lucky to work in a very good environment with really nice people. Most of my co-workers know that I am a diehard Canucks fan and many of them are also big fans. They also give me Canucks tickets on occasion so one more reason to keep my mouth shut and do my jojobb.

Well that's neat.

You didn't actually take my post seriously, did you?

Edited by luckylager
1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Well that's neat.

You didn't actually take my post seriously, did you?

No I didn't. I was just paranoid in case my co-workers know my display name and read my post complaining about having to work right until 9:00. Sucks having no seniority.

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

No I didn't. I was just paranoid in case my co-workers know my display name and read my post complaining about having to work right until 9:00. Sucks having no seniority.

Lmao

Co-workers would do that? They sound like losers.

Seniority doesn't necessarily change the fact you work with losers, it just changes which losers you work with. 

Loserism is a workplace environment issue. 

2 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

And beware of staples.

Sounds like I still need a lot of development in the minors. :lol:

3 minutes ago, brilac said:

You know, I am the opposite, and darn proud of it!  I look forward to doing many things at work, and enjoy handling many tasks at once, and sometimes, I work when I get home.  When there's something that needs to be done, I am there. 

You are probably pretty popular at work...especially if you do other peoples work....but I think it all depends on how much you like what you are doing..I have had jobs where I had to be shoved out the door in the morning and others where I couldnt wait to get there.