The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Opening Roster - Finalized

Ossi Vaananen

3 minutes ago, firestorm238 said:

Did Subban play last night? 

Ya, he was 3rd in ice time, all situations. All the Rhetoric from management this week of him being a likely call-up and he's discarded after the first game. Brutal. 

1 minute ago, Bigturk8 said:

Subbs got the axe fast. Has Utica training camp started yet?

Another week I believe. 

1 minute ago, Jamie Huscroft said:

If I've said it once, I've said it 100 times. Subban won't get a regular season game in a Canucks jersey. 

I'll disagree on that.

He's had one season in the A, there is tonnes of time for him to continue developing into an NHL'er.

He'll definitely play games in the NHL (how many are up to him I suppose) and he's got no real trade value yet, so I'll bet he'll play in a Canucks uni.

Goodness with the Subban whining. He's a talented offensive D who needs a LOT more development time learning to play in his own end and against men. There's nothing wrong with him being sent down to get that development time you bunch of emos... :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Goodness with the Subban whining. He's a talented offensive D who needs a LOT more development time learning to play in his own end. There's nothing wrong with him being sent down to get that development time you bunch of emos... :rolleyes:

I don't personally believe I was whining, but I admit, I would have liked to see him get a longer look.

Like many my first reaction for Subban was, already....but at the same time, giving the depth we have this year and waiver eligibility...it's a no brainer.

Subban should be an important piece for Utica, and not a bad idea to send him early so he can start the AHL season on the right foot.

15 minutes ago, Jamie Huscroft said:

If I've said it once, I've said it 100 times. Subban won't get a regular season game in a Canucks jersey. 

IMO it will depend on Larsen's performances.  If he's not a liability on the third pair and can generate points on the powerplay, it's not going to look good for Subban.  But if Larsen is not better than Weber, I can see Subban getting a shot if he continue to improve in Utica.

Subban and Sautner cut before Stewart and McEneny? :huh: Seems backwards.

I don't think Subban is WD's style of player, but he'll get a bigger role in Utica this year and its up to him to round out his game and prove himself as a worthy call-up down the line. Its obvious management views Stecher as being ahead of him at this point, which shouldn't be a slight to Subban as Stecher is a year older, but it makes things a bit tougher for him competing for spots on the right side.

Archived