The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Opening Roster - Finalized

Ossi Vaananen

The Subban cut is a little early I thought.

I guess it's a Tough Love thing. 50 shades of Willie.

Coaches see him laughing joking and probably not asking them Hockey questions so I looks like he's not serious enough about NHL level hockey. Time to go to Utica ride the bus and think about that J Subban. He does have huge challenges, he needs to be ultra smart playing D to make up for his Size differences , if he's playing against joe thornton, kopitar, perry or lucic do you think he's ready for them. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Do you think Jordan is getting a fair chance?  Why not allow him to play tonight's game?  Does Edler really need the ice time?

Fairness has nothing to do with it. This isn't the Kumbaya Hockey League.

He's not ready for the NHL and needs more development. And there's nothing wrong with that given that he's only 21, small and offensively minded/defensively challenged. If this is still happening say 2 preseasons from now, then we can start to get concerned.

4 minutes ago, Dynamic Innovator said:

"slow skaters with bad shots and poor upper body strength have a tougher time making the NHL"  - Prejudicial.

Ha!

No @#$%! :lol:

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do you think Jordan is getting a fair chance?  Why not allow him to play tonight's game?  Does Edler really need the ice time?

I think management knows all about Jordan's weaknesses and realize that he can't possibly make the team this year.  They need to focus on the less known guys like Stecher and Larson to see how they play against NHL players.  See if they have some chemistry with other d partners.

In the 4th round of his draft year, there's only 1 dman who has played in the NHL (5 games), so it's not that surprising to see Subban not getting any games.  Yeah it's tough for Subby, but I think he's got a lot of developing to go if he's going to be an NHL player.  Unless they are elite dmen, the smaller players usually take longer to find their game.  Hope he can make some great progress this year in the AHL.

2 hours ago, apollo said:

Both Subs and Sautner deserved one more pre-season game at the very least and both had one assist to boot... Poor Subban, his only mistake was being drafted by the superior Mike Gillis and Jimbo just doesn't understand... 

"Actually I never really watched Subban play before. Now I see why he is a long shot to make the bigs. Just does not have the smarts or the size in his own end. I'm betting he's traded soon.

Hate to say it but Labamba is right on this kid..."

I posted that last week. After watching him play now I can easily see the problem he is having. Got to only have to watch him in his own end a few times to see what JB, TL, WD, DL, DJ, MM are all seeing...

47 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

The Subban cut is a little early I thought.

I guess it's a Tough Love thing. 50 shades of Willie.

Coaches see him laughing joking and probably not asking them Hockey questions so I looks like he's not serious enough about NHL level hockey. Time to go to Utica ride the bus and think about that J Subban. He does have huge challenges, he needs to be ultra smart playing D to make up for his Size differences , if he's playing against joe thornton, kopitar, perry or lucic do you think he's ready for them. 

No chance.  After watching him in Whistler he couldn't defend against the guys that were cut in the past few days...

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Desjardins as asked specifically about Subban and his development.

"Subban has taken some big steps. It's hard for a guy his size to play in the league, you look at a guy like Lucic coming in, so I think he just has to keep working on his game and getting better.

"Offensively he's sound, defensively he has to make some reads and improve a little bit of his habits in practice. He loves the game and he plays well, but I think sometimes he has to get a bit more structured defensively."

Please stop the FAIR play here. This isn't drop in hockey. Heck there's no fair play in Atom, Bantam, Peewee, etc...

Not Close to being Ready. Anybody actually watching can see that...

Archived