The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 2, Blues 1

TheRussianRocket.

12 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Knowing Bo he's going to let his strong play be the response, and that's a-okay with me. 

He's such a beauty. I was just thinking today about where I'm gonna go to get the C added to my Bo jersey when they give it to him once Hank's gone.

Wow...24 hours later and CDC is still patting themselves on the back over a routine 3rd game of the season win and talking all kinds of smack...2 words...sample size...the Canucks were 3-0-1 after 4 games last season with wins over LA and Anaheim...how did that turn out..?

2 minutes ago, theilluminati said:

Wow...24 hours later and CDC is still patting themselves on the back over a routine 3rd game of the season win and talking all kinds of smack...2 words...sample size...the Canucks were 3-0-1 after 4 games last season with wins over LA and Anaheim...how did that turn out..?

Last season is a horrible bar to measure by, due to injuries.

5 minutes ago, theilluminati said:

And that won't happen this year because..?....horrible come back to my post...keep trying though...

And that will happen this year because..? ....horrible come back to my post...keep trying though...

It's just a bit ridiculous to compare the two teams. The blue line and forward corps have a much different look to them. Two very different teams, especially if this year stays healthy.

Out

Vrbata
Bartowski
Weber 
Prust
Etem
McCann

In 

Eriksson
Larsen
Gubranson
Skille
Gaunce
Rodin

2 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

And that will happen this year because..? ....horrible come back to my post...keep trying though...

It's just a bit ridiculous to compare the two teams. The blue line and forward corps have a much different look to them. Two very different teams, especially if this year stays healthy.

So you're saying a team that in YOUR MIND will stay healthy the entire year is fine, but me saying that injuries could easily derail them is "ridiculous"...dude you need to go look up contradiction in the dictionary

6 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Out

Vrbata
Bartowski
Weber 
Prust
Etem
McCann

In 

Eriksson
Larsen
Gubranson
Skille
Gaunce
Rodin

Vey, don't forget "The Chosen One". :lol:

16 minutes ago, theilluminati said:

So you're saying a team that in YOUR MIND will stay healthy the entire year is fine, but me saying that injuries could easily derail them is "ridiculous"...dude you need to go look up contradiction in the dictionary

And you're saying that comparing records of last season and this season is ridiculous. The Canucks were a strong healthy team at 3-0-1, they were leading their division further into the season until injuries derailed them.

They have a stronger team than last year with a bit more depth. For you to condemn the strong start by comparing it to last years end is a bit ridiculous, dont you think? 

The Canucks lead the league in 3rd period goals against, and leads blown. This season so far they have the best Corsi% and have 3 consecutive comebacks allowing 0 goals in the 3rd. That's exciting.

4 hours ago, Green Building said:

If you were the real Sergio Momesso you'd throw your skate at him. :P

Cheap shots aren't the answer. Be a man and offer up a clean shot. 

I disagree. I think responding cheap shots with a cheap shot is the best answer.

The thing is, this team has lost some key players to cheap shots. For example, Hanzal cross check on Henrik's rib couple seasons ago. And yesterday on Bo.

You've gotta let your opponents know that if you take a cheap shot at us, then you better be prepared to get one back that could potentially put him out for months. That fear will stop the opponents from taking cheap shots at you and your teammates in the future.

At least that's my experience from playing various sports. When I receive a cheap shot, I always make sure to give one back, usually harder. And if I'm unable to, I make sure to chirp. Let him and their team know that I'm coming to get him soon. Sometime I look like an idiot out there but surprisingly it's effective. The next time we play the same guys, they don't give any cheap shot to anyone and sometimes you can read the fear off of some of the guys on the other team. It keeps the game clean as a result. But obviously, things are handled differently at the pro level but I assume the psychology in any sports at any level is the same.

The thing is, I don't see any dirty player on the Canucks that is capable of giving a real hard cheap shot but without taking things too far.

33 minutes ago, theilluminati said:

Couldn't give people a day to live with hope?

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I remember this singer as an actor.  He played in a TV series as a guy in a wheel chair, who helped out the star.  Was it Highlander? 

Yes, he was also in a show called(iirc) Rip Tide- something about Private investigators living in a marina.?

He had polio as a kid and thus the crutches. Think it was a Highlander-alternate universe episode when they put him in the chair.

42 minutes ago, theilluminati said:

a routine 3rd game of the season win

LA and Anaheim

3rd period comebacks against the Blues are definitely routine.

ho. hum.

LA and Anaheim off to horrible starts again this year.

The evidence is all there - It's all bound to repeat itself.

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Doubt he dances-the crutches are real,

We have scooter ho-downs for us old folk.  I guess I don't see his crutches as hindering his dancing.  Although if was in my group, and showing me up...its war...I'd have to take him out.  :lol:

Archived