The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 2, Blues 1

TheRussianRocket.

10 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Effective at being correctly labeled as a weak ass punk fool.

I like a good joke, and can joke about someone being cranked into the boards because they deserve it, but if any Canuck ever acted like that that on the ice with malicious intent they'd be dead to me. Just like any other asshole on any other team would be in the same situation. 

Play hard, lay crushing hits, be hard as nails in the crease in front of your own net and piss people off. All good things, but hit from behind and you get no respect from me, and you don't deserve it either.

You must have a difficult time watching today's games. This is normal fair served up on a nightly basis, with a side of hows that for head into the dasher. Hockey is not a clean game it really never was, have you ever seen the film Rocket?

10 minutes ago, grumpworsley said:

You must have a difficult time watching today's games. This is normal fair served up on a nightly basis, with a side of hows that for head into the dasher. Hockey is not a clean game it really never was, have you ever seen the film Rocket?

I don't find it difficult, but I have much more respect for those who play the right way. It's a fast game and $&!# happens, but if a calculated intent to injure like say, a Pronger foot stomp, has literally no place in the game. It's punk ass hockey, which is why to this day very few people actually care about the way his career came to an end. 

@grumpworsley

No I haven't seen Rocket, only the Rock 'em Sock 'ems and Slapshot for hockey movies. 

19 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Effective at being correctly labeled as a weak ass punk fool.

I like a good joke, and can joke about someone being cranked into the boards because they deserve it, but if any Canuck ever acted like that that on the ice with malicious intent they'd be dead to me. Just like any other asshole on any other team would be in the same situation. 

Play hard, lay crushing hits, be hard as nails in the crease in front of your own net and piss people off. All good things, but hit from behind and you get no respect from me, and you don't deserve it either.

You're for certain right on here.  Guys at that level are skilled enough to know what they are doing.  Steen was frustrated, because he couldn't move Bo off the puck.  It was a spchicken "bleep" cross check.  

Just now, Alflives said:

You're for certain right on here.  Guys at that level are skilled enough to know what they are doing.  Steen was frustrated, because he couldn't move Bo off the puck.  It was a spchicken "bleep" cross check.  

Thanks for agreeing with my apparent 'alien' opinion Alf. Cross checks happen all night long and I don't have a problem with them, generally, but that was definitely a good one. 

Just now, Green Building said:

Thanks for agreeing with my apparent 'alien' opinion Alf. Cross checks happen all night long and I don't have a problem with them, generally, but that was definitely a good one. 

The players all wear the same equipment, and know where the ribs are most vulnerable.  Steen will get his.  And I agree with you because you are 100% correct.::D

12 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I don't find it difficult, but I have much more respect for those who play the right way. It's a fast game and $&!# happens, but if a calculated intent to injure like say, a Pronger foot stomp, has literally no place in the game. It's punk ass hockey, which is why to this day very few people actually care about the way his career came to an end. 

I agree it is tough to watch sometimes. But I keep coming back lol

12 minutes ago, grumpworsley said:

I agree it is tough to watch sometimes. But I keep coming back lol

I only find hockey hard to watch when I'm watching the Canucks skate with no effort or urgency. The St Louis game was the exact opposite of that for both teams and as such, was an excellent game. I expect the same out of Buffalo to be honest. 2 young ish teams with lots to prove.

1 hour ago, Green Building said:

That's what I was thinking too. I have always liked Steen and thought he played a respectable game, until last night. Now he's a dink.

He's dead to me. And I likethe Blues! I can't believe he got off clowning around like that! I'll be interested in how Bo reacts the next time they play.

18 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

Still don't like him.

Still?  lol.  The point was to call you guys out on your inability to take him to task on his systems.

Didn't hear anything from you but 'I can't - but I still don't like him.......I'll sidestep the issue and complain about the lines on opening night - during a win."   Pointless.

For all you know the decision had as much to do with Gaunce as anything else.  You don't know the grounds/conditions behind the decision, but of course you know better.

Team is 3-0 and you're dwelling on the lines from three games ago. 

You remind me of the 'they traded ma Cody' crowd.

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

The point was to call you guys out on your inability to take him to task on his systems.

Didn't hear anything but 'I can't but I'll sidestep the issue and complain about the lines on opening night - during a win."   Pointless.

For all you know the decision had as much to do with Gaunce as anything else.  You don't know the grounds/conditions behind the decision, but of course you know better.

I like how you don't even quote my whole comment, you must work for the media!

You must have had a clear understanding of the grounds and conditions behind the decision, or any other decision made by WD. 

My bad man. Clearly having an opinion isn't enough for you because you work with the coach right. YOU know better. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Torts said:

I like how you don't even quote my whole comment, you must work for the media!

You must have had a clear understanding of the grounds and conditions behind the decision, or any other decision made by WD. 

My bad man. Clearly having an opinion isn't enough for you because you work with the coach right. YOU know better. 

LOL.  Your opening statement was an avoidance of the point I raised, so why should I bother with the rest of your post?

Hey, I recently reread the Granlund trade thread.  You should give it a go.

15 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Yes, close, tight games - nothing wrong with that.

I also like team defense - without it a team hasn't got a hope in hell.

I think you mentioned Gud's trickle down effect on the d-corp and also the entire team, couldn't agree more. And the thing is, for the first three games, he barely hit anyone yet. It's only getting started. He allows our D to play bigger and Hutton to play more free. If he's not a legit top four I don't know who is.

8 minutes ago, blackpluto96 said:

I think you mentioned Gud's trickle down effect on the d-corp and also the entire team, couldn't agree more. And the thing is, for the first three games, he barely hit anyone yet. It's only getting started. He allows our D to play bigger and Hutton to play more free. If he's not a legit top four I don't know who is.

It will take a bit for Gudbranson to find his comfort levels here.

It took a while for Sbisa and he is playing a lot better from when we first acquired him.

I would think Gudbranson would improve once he finds himself more accustomed and comfortable here.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It took a while for Sbisa and he is playing a lot better from when we first acquired him.

I would think Gudbranson would improve once he finds himself more accustomed and comfortable here.

totally agree and I'm also happy that he's not a hot head that takes bad penalties trying to get back at other players, like Steen last night. Solid team guy. 

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Did you ever see the movie Rio Bravo with John Wayne and Ricky Nelson/Dean Martin? There is a part in the show when Dean Martin asks John Wayne if Ricky Nelson is as good with a gun as he used to be. Wayne responds that "he is so good that he doesn't have to prove it to anyone".

I think Guddy is our equivalent of that Ricky Nelson character.......he is the gunslinger nobody wants to mess with. He won't go looking for trouble but he will meet trouble head on when required.

Archived