The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson utters threats; fine/suspension worthy?

CAkNUCKle sandwich

Has anyone previously been fined for a threat? 

Obviously a guy pretty fired up and frustrated after a tough loss. Can't imagine much more than some Canucks brass behind the scenes telling him to be a little more thoughtful when speaking in public. That's it.

2 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

I have an awful 'Steve Moore' feeling about Dec 3. I sure hope nothing happens. It would help if Kadri got 3-4 games.

I hope I'm wrong, it'd be a lousy birthday present for me.

I wouldn't worry about it. Gudbranson is a big, strong guy but Matt Martin is a big guy too and a very experienced fighter. He won't be letting himself get sucker punched and be down so easily.

1 minute ago, Moonshinefe said:

I wouldn't worry about it. Gudbranson is a big, strong guy but Matt Martin is a big guy too and a very experienced fighter. He won't be letting himself get sucker punched and be down so easily.

No, I'm thinking more about Nadri or one of the Leafs young stars getting head shotted as payback for Daniel and Hansen. Daniel especially, and most especially if there are no or minimal consequences for Kadri.

I want to see Martin punished for his actions. Only guy on our team who could KO Martin is Pedan. I really hope he gets a call up against Toronto that game. As well as what ever other tough guy fighters we have in the system. My dream is we build a team of guys who all can win fights. Being a fan of this team for the past 10 years has been painful. In the late 90's early 2000's it was a much tougher team. 

Everyone is getting soft. On Dec 3, if Matt Martin dresses. He better be dead. Heck, Morgan Reilly and Nazem Kadri should be dead too. Back in the good old days, teams would bond in these type of scenarios. Fight for each other, and every year we see our top guys get hit and nobody does anything. Hansen gets destroyed and he goes and fights the guy that destroys the Sedins? What a joke. Team is soft like butter. What happened to chivalry? This team is a mess and everyone, including the team knows it. All the good teams with core guys have guys protecting each other. It sad that we have to see Burrows be the guy to retaliate. We have lots of guys that think they are tough guys. Do something. 

We acquired Gudbranson to do this sort of thing but he alone isn't enough. Ryan Miller had to be guy protecting Stretcher? What a joke. Team is a mess. 

There's no way he should get fined just because a couple reporters overheard him say it in the hallway. How many times a game do you think a player says "I'm going to kill you" or "You're dead" (or something like that) to another player on the ice?

But you gotta love how Toronto media are now way more concerned with what Gudbranson said than what Kadri, Reilly, and Martin actually did. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Moonshinefe said:

Exactly. Martin would dance with a Canuck on every shift, if challenged and league rules allowed. No danger of another Moore incident.

14 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

No, I'm thinking more about Nadri or one of the Leafs young stars getting head shotted as payback for Daniel and Hansen. Daniel especially, and most especially if there are no or minimal consequences for Kadri.

It's possible but I wouldn't expect it from this Canucks team as it stands.

Good to see that fire from Guddy, but he is getting a little ahead of himself. Martin isn't some small unknown fighter. He is 6'3 220 and has 77 fights in the NHL, many of them against legitimate heavies. 

This is the problem with not having a guy whose main job it is to fight and has the ability to take on the big boys. 

Guddy is a top 4 guy (top 2 atm) and losing him for 5 minutes and potential injury isn't worth it. 

If the Stanley Cup Champion Pens carry and play Sestito, Vancouver should follow. 

Archived