nucklehead

7 hours ago, Aircool said:

For the sake of proving a point:

Hey, Black people,

Sick of being labelled a criminal?

Sick of being shot by the police?

Sick of not being hired for jobs?

Sick of not getting better education?

Sick of not getting what is promised to you by politicians?

Join Black Lives Matter.

How is this any different? And try to honestly tell me that the moral outrage would be close to comparable if this sign was posted in the same spot.

All the reasons you posted are actually good reasons to protest though.  These white supremacist groups only seek to preserve dominance, not fight for equal rights.

Groups like Black Lives Matter aren't intended to divide people.  They're intended to expose and fight the division that already exists - courtesy of those in power.

Yes there are members of these groups that'll trash white people no matter what, and that is counterproductive.  The problem lies with "the system", not every single white person on the planet.

7 hours ago, Aircool said:

Hey, Black people,

Join Black Lives Matter.

How is this any different? And try to honestly tell me that the moral outrage would be close to comparable if this sign was posted in the same spot.

Lol, comparing the issues of whites compared to the years of ongoing repression of blacks.  Totally the same thing.....

18 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I agree it likely won't happen on a full level scale. that's why I enjoy sports (hockey). You look at the fans in the building. It's not segregated by black brown white guys girls gays. Everyone is mixed in and as long as you're wearing my teams jersey you're my friend. Everyone comes together for be part of that one common goal.  2010 olympics was awesome to be a part of. We were all just Canadians cheering for our team. 

I think politically correctness is a large at fault due to government involvement. They felt they needed to step in and make things more equal (and in some cases it's rightly so). But less govt involvement allows the people to adapt over time. I don't hire (insert blank) because I have a quota to fill. I hire (insert blank) because they are the most qualified. And if my goal is to be as effective as possible. I don't care what your gender race or religion is I just want the best employee possible. 

But it's 2015....screw qualifications right?

No sir I totally agree.  This endless catering is only making people feel apart.  Where's my special legislation and classification?

58 minutes ago, Warhippy said:
58 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

No sir I totally agree.  This endless catering is only making people feel apart.  Where's my special legislation and classification?

I thought you already had your special legislation, are you not a "first Nations" person?

5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I am going to start a CTRL Left movement only for lefthanded people.  Sick of getting blamed for all the problems of right handed people in the world today.  We'd be better off without them.

Once apon a time there was a study asserting left handed folk die 7 years before righties, on average. So fellow lefty- get yours, what ever that may be, while you can.

4 minutes ago, smokes said:

The signs urging white people to join 'alt-right' does not promote trust.

Ah. Well, now you've found the group of people who don't trust others.

But just because they don't doesn't mean it's reflective of society as a whole.

1 minute ago, thejazz97 said:

Ah. Well, now you've found the group of people who don't trust others.

But just because they don't doesn't mean it's reflective of society as a whole.

I don't judge them as society as a whole, just worried that cancer can spread.

1 hour ago, gurn said:

I thought you already had your special legislation, are you not a "first Nations" person?

Yes and no

I am one of those nifty slipped through the cracks native people.  My dad was a residential school kid taken from his home.  The Ojibwa can prove he was/is part of their band, they have records.  but because of the circumstances of him being taken then adopted out the federal government do not recognize me as being "native or metis" and as such I get no special card or title.

Made growing up super fun at times :)

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yes and no

I am one of those nifty slipped through the cracks native people.  My dad was a residential school kid taken from his home.  The Ojibwa can prove he was/is part of their band, they have records.  but because of the circumstances of him being taken then adopted out the federal government do not recognize me as being "native or metis" and as such I get no special card or title.

Made growing up super fun at times :)

Time to find others in your shoes, band together and go to court. My best friend is trying to track down his bio mom to see if he has the right "percentage" to qualify.

10 hours ago, Aircool said:

Hey, Black people,

Join Black Lives Matter.

The difference is black men in the US are 2 times more likely to get shot and killed by police. 25% of police killings, 13% of the population. 54% of blacks in the stop and frisk category, 14% white. Again totally imbalanced. 

Are you seriously suggesting that the US doesn't have a history of racism that effects things right up to today? 

Not sure what you are personally bothered by here. I mean really, just based on "whiteness" what the hell do we have to complain about? Like Louis CK said the worst thing you can call a white guy in the US is "cracker" and thats saying something! I think you need to mellow out and look at the raw stats on how people are really treated in the US. And then look at how aboriginal people are treated in Canada - we are worse up here, but it doesn't make the media headlines. 

5 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

The difference is black men in the US are 2 times more likely to get shot and killed by police. 25% of police killings, 13% of the population. 54% of blacks in the stop and frisk category, 14% white. Again totally imbalanced. 

Are you seriously suggesting that the US doesn't have a history of racism that effects things right up to today? 

Not sure what you are personally bothered by here. I mean really, just based on "whiteness" what the hell do we have to complain about? Like Louis CK said the worst thing you can call a white guy in the US is "cracker" and thats saying something! I think you need to mellow out and look at the raw stats on how people are really treated in the US. And then look at how aboriginal people are treated in Canada - we are worse up here, but it doesn't make the media headlines. 

Are you seriously trying to turn a Canadian issue in to an American one?  At NO point in time did he suggest it wasn't an issue.  Simply highlighting the absolutely stark contrast between what IS right and actual rights

Good god stick to collecting your check from the Liberals for posting glowing things about them

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

Time to find others in your shoes, band together and go to court. My best friend is trying to track down his bio mom to see if he has the right "percentage" to qualify.

I'm too old to start worrying about that and to jaded to want to start guilting people for issues that didn't happen in my lifetime.  It's a literal clerical issue that I won't even bother with.

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Are you seriously trying to turn a Canadian issue in to an American one?  At NO point in time did he suggest it wasn't an issue.  Simply highlighting the absolutely stark contrast between what IS right and actual rights

Good god stick to collecting your check from the Liberals for posting glowing things about them

Stop it hip, I'm not doing that dance with you again. 

What bugs me about the US media coverage is it tends to overshadow our own issues up here. We hear 10X more about US black-white issues than we do about aboriginal ones that actually effect our country and Canadian lives. 

7 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i wasn't impressed about this clan meeting i went to, where they held a cake raffle, and they played "guess what's under the robe", but i guess i could check this out. maybe i'll win a cake

I'm guessing it wasn't double chocolate fudge cake?

Archived