The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Muslim Teacher Told "Go Hang Yourself"

nucklehead

35 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Fair enough. You appear to only cite represent racism of White on X. Are you biased, prejudiced and thus discriminatory? I'd like to think not.

Is this because you have no experiences of racism against you, similar to mine, as a 42 year-old white guy?

Sweeping generalizations aside, knowing your demographic helps me better understand your views, hence why I openly offer mine. This is not a trick question.

Nope, its just an irrelevant one.

29 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Ok, it is relevant to ask you why you do not appear to cite any racism against white peoples.

I want both sides.

So the fact that I have not cited any examples is me denying that racism occurs against white people? I am not sure where exactly are you going here.

2 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

My question was asked to better understand your points because you've repeatedly opted not to acknowledge Racism, but rather, racism, through a specific lens.

To your question, I never asked you if you deny anything, at all, so I share your confusion. Have a nice day.

I see. So how exactly have I not acknowledged your version of racism?

On 17/11/2016 at 11:59 AM, clam linguine said:

Don't you dare block me!!   hehe

Whatever...don't apologize.  I would be happy to apologize if I misquoted someone that blatantly.  I guess that speaks to who you are.

I want moderate Muslims to come to North America to enjoy our society.  It will not happen if flames of racism are fanned with unnecessary bleating. This incident was sensationalized  to promote what today's Democrats rely on to remain relevant... hatred and division.

The problem is that progressives want to equate concern with 'hatred'.

A simple innocuous statement such as 'I have concerns about the ability of immigrants from Islamic nations to assimilate into Western society' suddenly becomes ' I hate Muslims, kick them all out'.

There is an observable pattern of resistance to assimilation, especially in Northern Europe. 

We can either accept this concern as justified and have a measured solution,  or we can stick our heads in the sand and pretend that 'there is no ideological difference between Western society and Islamic society' which is a blatant fallacy.

When we import people from these areas, their ideology and the influence of those ideas come with them.

For those who want to equate modern Islam with Christianity with respect to the system of law I suggest you take the time to research the fundamental differences in philosophy between Western governments and Islamic governments. 

Even the more historically (relatively) secular nations like Iran or Turkey have been regressed to a very fundamentalist system, and admitting large numbers of people into the West will put pressure on our government to enact policies to cater to their values. More so in nations with lower populations such as Sweden or Canada than in the USA.

This is about protecting our system of laws and freedoms, not hatred of another people.

17 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

The problem is that progressives want to equate concern with 'hatred'.

A simple innocuous statement such as 'I have concerns about the ability of immigrants from Islamic nations into Western society' suddenly becomes ' I hate Muslims, kick them all out'.

There is an observable pattern of resistance to assimilation, especially in Northern Europe. 

We can either accept this concern as justified and have a measured solution,  or we can stick our heads in the sand and pretend that 'there is no ideological difference between Western society and Islamic society' which is a blatant fallacy.

When we import people from these areas, their ideology and the influence of those ideas come with them.

For those who want to equate modern Islam with Christianity with respect to the system of law I suggest you take the time to research the fundamental differences in philosophy between Western governments and Islamic governments. 

Even the more historically (relatively) secular nations like Iran or Turkey have been regressed to a very fundamentalist system, and admitting large numbers of people into the West will put pressure on our government to enact policies to cater to their values. More so in nations with lower populations such as Sweden or Canada than in the USA.

This is about protecting our system of laws and freedoms, not hatred of another people.

See what you did there :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

And the most moronic comment of the day goes to...

Oh ...I see... you don't think its possible she invented the incident?  You have not been paying attention.  Please notice I used the term "maybe".  They are called words.  I choose them for a reason.  Go ahead and google "fake trump hate crimes".  

Just reread the article.  The teacher should have dealt with the issue through appropriate channels within the system.  Now that I remember she actually blames Trump for the note, I realize I should have wrote that she "probably" faked the incident.  She isn't a teacher...she is a frickin politician.

8 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Oh ...I see you don't think its possible she invented the incident?  You have not been paying attention.  Please notice I used the term "maybe".  They are called words.  I choose them for a reason.  Go ahead and google "fake trump hate crimes".  

Go ahead and Google shaun king, his Twitter account, something he posted about 2 days ago, a video in NYC. I'd link it but I'd get banned. 

22 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Forget it man.  There is way too much stuff there.  What happened.

It's a tough guy in a car saying a lot of stuff that'll get me banned and flat out says it's cause of Trump. 

But whatevs, won't change anyone's mind. You'll probably say it's fake anyway lol

A cowardly act without question.    However what some of the world should look upon is the total war we waged upon ourselves in WW2 with total disregard to civilian/collateral damage in European cities.  Germany was pounded for years often around the clock and this may be a surprise to many not ALL of them were Nazis.  Democracies are slow to go to war but when they do they fight to win whatever it takes.  The next one waged against stated enemy will be not fought with one hand behind the back and an eye to the press. Tread lightly .

The sad thing is, we never seem to be discussing IDEAS, it always seems to boil down to identity politics.

In progressive society, it's completely acceptable to criticize a person's beliefs if they are pro-life, anti-gay marriage and against women's rights...as long as they are Christian and white.

Now make the same arguments against the beliefs of a man with brown skin from Pakistan and SHAZAM! Now it's racism. It's like magic! Common sense tells me that if it's ok to criticize one person's beliefs (which it should be) then everyone should be held to the same standard. 

What happened to this teacher is terrible, and the student should be held responsible, but it makes me cringe when these headlines are sensationalized as if to say "Look! This student was rude and intolerant to an Islamic person! See, I told you that those white people are just a bunch of bigots!" We don't know who the student was, but readers will make their own assumptions.

To be honest, the biggest case one could make to prove any institutional 'racism' in the West is to highlight mantras like 'Diversity is our Strength', which implies that we make our society 'better' by simply having more people with different skin tones or other arbitrary characteristics. The reality is that it's the content of a person's character, their ideas and actions that adds or removes value from society, not skin colour, gender, or sexual orientation. By focusing on the 'progressive stack' and assigning rights and responsibilities by creed, skin color or gender, we are actually creating the institutional bigotry that so many so-called 'progressives' are eager to tear down. 

43 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

The sad thing is, we never seem to be discussing IDEAS, it always seems to boil down to identity politics.

In progressive society, it's completely acceptable to criticize a person's beliefs if they are pro-life, anti-gay marriage and against women's rights...as long as they are Christian and white.

Now make the same arguments against the beliefs of a man with brown skin from Pakistan and SHAZAM! Now it's racism. It's like magic! Common sense tells me that if it's ok to criticize one person's beliefs (which it should be) then everyone should be held to the same standard. 

What happened to this teacher is terrible, and the student should be held responsible, but it makes me cringe when these headlines are sensationalized as if to say "Look! This student was rude and intolerant to an Islamic person! See, I told you that those white people are just a bunch of bigots!" We don't know who the student was, but readers will make their own assumptions.

To be honest, the biggest case one could make to prove any institutional 'racism' in the West is to highlight mantras like 'Diversity is our Strength', which implies that we make our society 'better' by simply having more people with different skin tones or other arbitrary characteristics. The reality is that it's the content of a person's character, their ideas and actions that adds or removes value from society, not skin colour, gender, or sexual orientation. By focusing on the 'progressive stack' and assigning rights and responsibilities by creed, skin color or gender, we are actually creating the institutional bigotry that so many so-called 'progressives' are eager to tear down. 

You need to be careful with your words here.  I know some people here disagree, but Islam is a religion with many different sects and Islamism is a modern, theocratic ideology also with many different sects.  Now I'm not entirely sure what you mean by Islamic person, so in this instance I recommend you use "Muslim", for precision's sake.

Please clarify.  Are you advocating a return to ideological sectarianism?  Because that is the 20th century in a nutshell.  Two world wars and a Cold War.  I'm generalizing here, but there was a dominant ideology in the West, and those who did not conform were labeled communists.  That time is past.  The millenials are ideologically dead.

On 11/17/2016 at 8:46 AM, thejazz97 said:

The blame isn't on Trump. But you have to acknowledge he did pander to this section of voters who were racist and hateful, etc. Now that he's been elected, they feel like they have free reign to say whatever they want no matter how disrespectful because, you know, screw political correctness now that Trump's been elected.

This kind of xenophobia was around a lot longer than trump has been alive or that america has been a country let's not fool ourselves here

9 hours ago, Mustapha said:

100%.

Archived