The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Hutton or Tryamkin

smokes

Hutton or Tryamkin  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted Tryamkin, but if it was my club, it would be neither.  Hutton, Guddy, Tryamkin and Stetcher are untouchable.  Edler or Tanev is debatable for me, my preference would be Edler (mind you this is the best he's looked in awhile), leaving Sbisa & Larsen (Sbisa also looking the best he has this year).

Due to age alone, Edler is the logical trade piece, and teams like Detroit and Buffalo would love a steady guy like that.

3 minutes ago, Sygvard said:

Groot is super fun to watch, but I am in favour of mobile puck moving D. I think Hutton has the higher ceiling. 

We are Groot. Tryamkin can provide fear, particularly for teams coming into our rink. If he can get guys more worried about getting hit than making good plays thats a really valuable asset.

1 minute ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Neither, there is no reason to do a panic trade.

This team was built in summer, now is not the time to try to save jobs, not with this team.

They would have to get Malkin to make a difference.

Benning said he would probably need to trade a D for a young shooter. Tanev basically runs the defence, Edler has a NTC and Guddy was just aquired. Larsson, Biega and Sbisa won't get the Canucks what they need so if they are serious about what they are saying, it basically leaves Hutton or Tryamkin being valuable enough to move for a scorer.

Making a choice doesn't mean one is good or one is bad... they can both be good and solid, just which one is most useful going forward.

I would keep Tryamkin because he has the chance of becoming something special and unique like Byfuglien/Chara are.  Hutton is likely to be a better scoring defenceman which we need... but I don't see him turning into a scorer like P.K. Subban.  I think Hutton is more likely to have a ceiling like Salo... which is freaking dandy by the way.

With all teams getting smaller and faster, you can try to chase that and catch up, or go a little bit another way.  Hutton isn't going to out duel McDavid, but Tryamkin could make him stop making plays because of worry for his health.

Apart from the Sedin line, this team would need to get 2, 30+ goal scorers to make a difference, last season they ended up minus 28 or something and this year, when they are healthier and more experienced, they are worse.

One goal scorer isn't going to help all that much unless they plan to go all in for the boring hockey of the old NJD where they could win by scoring 2.4 goals a game. To do that they need defencemen. 

What young scoring guy might be available?

36 minutes ago, smokes said:

If the Canucks had to lose one to get a young scoring winger. Who do you think the Canucks should keep.

apologies Smokes, but we need both of those guys.  Each brings a different skill-set to the team.  The guy we should move in TANEV.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

apologies Smokes, but we need both of those guys.  Each brings a different skill-set to the team.  The guy we should move in TANEV.

It's no coincidence that the Canucks started letting in a lot more goals after Tanev was injured. If he leaves, the Canucks will really be a lottery team.

7 minutes ago, smokes said:

It's no coincidence that the Canucks started letting in a lot more goals after Tanev was injured. If he leaves, the Canucks will really be a lottery team.

Yup, trading Tanev almost certainly means we pick in the top 5.  Plus, he just might return a good young (elite level) top six forward.  It's a win now, and win in June trade. We would be getting two assets for Tanev.

46 minutes ago, Type R said:

I voted Tryamkin, but if it was my club, it would be neither.  Hutton, Guddy, Tryamkin and Stetcher are untouchable.  Edler or Tanev is debatable for me, my preference would be Edler (mind you this is the best he's looked in awhile), leaving Sbisa & Larsen (Sbisa also looking the best he has this year).

Due to age alone, Edler is the logical trade piece, and teams like Detroit and Buffalo would love a steady guy like that.

Edler to Detroit in a package involving Mantha, and then Tanev to Buffalo in a package involving Kane?

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Edler to Detroit in a package involving Mantha, and then Tanev to Buffalo in a package involving Kane?

Yep, I could live with this.  D would suffer for next year and a bit until Juolevi arrives, but its the future we are building here and these moves would help long term.

Archived