The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Season tickets + TV viewership down considerably...due to no real direction from management?

TheRussianRocket.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Is this philosophy not putting a proper rebuild on hold, and only delaying the inevitable?

He's not delaying anything, the inevitable is here.

Might as well embrace it rather than alienating your fans by selling false promises. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And not foolishly say you WILL NOT trade guys with NTCs?

They're very misguided if they don't try to get something for Miller at the deadline.

Edler and Hansen are trades that are better to look at in the offseason out of respect to them.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

It makes it look like he's desperately trying to squeeze out another playoffs out of a team that has no business being in them.

What a joke.  A  few million in playoff tickets that limits our club in ever  drafting a franchise  1 C.

Yah, what  a great strategy. 

I really want to see   Benning , Willy and Linden fired.  

LE signed to a 6 by 6  contract. What a joke.

Can't stand to see how they have bungled the the rebuild of our club.

Fire our management team and lets rebuld our club properly. 

12 hours ago, NEON.KNEE said:

You're right...So Aquamen are demanding a long drawn out, half assed re-tool.

I'd rather rip the band aid off quick

To what end? To be like Edmonton, a few stars but nothing to go with them? Both Chicago and Pittsburgh had 5 years of drafting and developing before getting their two stars in years 6 and 7. Would you rather be like Chicago and Pittburgh or Edmonton?

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

What a joke.  A  few million in playoff tickets that limits our club in ever  drafting a franchise  1 C.

Yah, what  a great strategy. 

I really want to see   Benning , Willy and Linden fired.  

LE signed to a 6 by 6  contract. What a joke.

Can't stand to see how they have bungled the the rebuild of our club.

Fire our management team and lets rebuld our club properly. 

You don't think Benning would love to have a top 3 pick in the draft?

It doesn't matter how many times you fire and replace management if the same message from ownership is "make the playoffs or you're gone".

Even Linden knows this team needs a full on rebuild, and he'd love to see the Sedins hoist the cup more than anyone.

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You don't think Benning would love to have a top 3 pick in the draft?

It doesn't matter how many times you fire and replace management if the same message from ownership is "make the playoffs or you're gone".

Even Linden knows this team needs a full on rebuild, and he'd love to see the Sedins hoist the cup more than anyone.

You're probably right but we don't know for sure.  Linden/Benning sure sound like it was their 3 year plan to go for it with the Sedins one last time next year.  Linden has specifically said ownership doesn't interfere.  But yeah, it's hard to believe Linden/Benning don't see the team for what it is. 

I think the worst case scenario is that the 'retool' was management, not ownership.  Because if this was Linden's plan, how long does it take for him to admit that it's an epic failure.  Epic failures usually get people fired.  But if this 'retool' was ownership's idea, he can still turn the reigns over to Benning to see what he can do. 

5 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

You're probably right but we don't know for sure.  Linden/Benning sure sound like it was their 3 year plan to go for it with the Sedins one last time next year.  Linden has specifically said ownership doesn't interfere.  But yeah, it's hard to believe Linden/Benning don't see the team for what it is. 

I think the worst case scenario is that the 'retool' was management, not ownership.  Because if this was Linden's plan, how long does it take for him to admit that it's an epic failure.  Epic failures usually get people fired.  But if this 'retool' was ownership's idea, he can still turn the reigns over to Benning to see what he can do. 

If their actual plan was to make the playoffs, why hire a rookie head coach to a 4 year deal? Makes no sense to me.

Willie was hired because of his apparent ability to develop youth. Do you do that if you're trying to get a veteran team into the playoffs?

they would have thrown money at Ruff or Trotz if that was the goal.

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Willie was hired because of his apparent ability to develop youth.

I have trouble putting that together with what he's been doing with the youths this year alone.  He's even getting criticized about not trusting the youths enough (Horvat, Tryamkin and Stecher are an exception).

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If their actual plan was to make the playoffs, why hire a rookie head coach to a 4 year deal? Makes no sense to me.

Willie was hired because of his apparent ability to develop youth. Do you do that if you're trying to get a veteran team into the playoffs?

they would have thrown money at Ruff or Trotz if that was the goal.

Should have gone after Trotz.

This team is on the decline. A slow, boring decline. They need a rebuild. If the old vets are gone and we have a young, up and coming team, even one that's losing, it will draw up interest in the City once again. The momentum will build as a young team gets closer and closer to a playoff spot (as opposed to making it to 8th spot now and being an automatic first round exit).

I watched every game religiously from 1995 when I came to Canada to about 2015....so everything from the Messier down era to the good times. But now I can't spend the energy to watch this team slowly collapse into oblivion. I'll jump back into it once the team admits they need a rebuild and I can watch from the bottom floor as they build up. Count me out while they try this half assed transition idea

Archived