The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] When Willie gets fired, hire Patrick Roy as President/GM/coach

I think this thread is especially relevant since Columbus is probably about to go 20-5-4 on the season under Torts system. This is Columbus... one of the categorically bad teams in the NHL. And people in this thread are mocking Torts or comparing Roy to Torts. Yes please. Maybe the problem wasn't Torts. And maybe the problem wasn't Roy in Colorado. But I don't expect everyone to have this kind of foresight and advanced thinking. Hell, I'm sure most of you want Gallant from Florida to be our coach. LOL.

17 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

The guy knew when the hell to get out of dodge in Colorado. He wanted to do things his way, management disagreed (Joe Sakic) and so he said cya later. He knows what he is worth. He isn't going to keep a job that he knows is crap. He isn't John Tortorella some hot head. I say make Patrick Roy GM/President/Coach. Let him have the reigns for 3 years.

Patrick Roy is the definition of a hot head. Definitely  "NO" to bringing in Roy.

15 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

You guys aren't thinking outside of the box. This is a coach who knows how to win. He had a stellar season in Colorado the first season he coached there, only to have the team ruined by management meddling. He needs full control. Give him the codes to the nuclear bombs I say and let him run a team the way he wants. He won lots of cups and was a clutch goalie under pressure. He will win cups as a coach too, guaranteed, we just need to decide if it will be for us or another team.

So what? Willie also had a stellar season the first year he coached in Vancouver. I wouldn't give either one of them full control.

On 17/12/2016 at 10:31 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

The guy knew when the hell to get out of dodge in Colorado. He wanted to do things his way, management disagreed (Joe Sakic) and so he said cya later. He knows what he is worth. He isn't going to keep a job that he knows is crap. He isn't John Tortorella some hot head. I say make Patrick Roy GM/President/Coach. Let him have the reigns for 3 years.

I love my canucks. I love this site. 

Been a fan since 8ys old. Thats 1971

If roy ever was our gm or coach i would find another team to cheer fir. 

Roy is my altime least favorite player to ever play in the nhl.

Hes got a phd in arrogance.  A quality i cant stand. 

Worst thread of the year.

Minus 10000

Archived