The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Still waiting!

captaincowbasher

Well guys, you don't need to feel so tired..... let the increasing empty seats put pressure on ownership!! It was sad enough to have that many empty seats vs. Jets around X'mas time... 

The ship has long sailed when JB missed out the chance to make many right moves in the offseason .... now we just gotta find new hobbies till they get serious about us the FANS!

Just curious, how much are upper bowl, centre ice tix are selling for these days?? Used to be $80+ not long ago....

This isn't the year for trades, with the expansion draft. Any player we trade (who is worth anything) would need to be protected by the acquiring team, so that cuts down on the likely suitors.... unless we trade something like our next 3 first round  picks. That's not going to happen unless for a player of Malkin's or Stamkos pedigree.

And as has been already noted, what benefit will it (acquiring a top 6 player) give us? Not going to put us over the top in the race (?) for that final wild card slot. Drop us out of a top 10 draft position, probably. 

Better to wait until summer to see what we have:

- who did we lose in the expansion draft

- who did we draft

- is Boeser ready (did he/will he sign?)

- what do we have in Rodin

- is a 1-year older and wiser Virtanen ready

Once we have these answers, JB will be in a better position to pull the blockbuster trade some posters are pining for.

Doing it now just doesn't make sense

I still think we will see Landeskog in vancouver eventually. He's a Benning type player and there's that Swedish connection. I just hope the price is right, he's going to be a lot more expensive than many think in their proposals. Colorado has nothing to lose, and there will be a bidding war.

May even lose Juolevi, due to the emergence of Stecher and Tryamkin.

I heard on 1040 a month or so ago and donny was wondering that if they foresaw Stecher being this good, would they have drafted Tkachuk instead?

3 hours ago, drummerboy said:

What happened to you apollo?

you where always annoying, but optimistic, so it was kinda fun.  

Now you are just a downer.  

Put a smile on your face.  It's Christmas!

Benning has the impossible task of rebuilding this tire fire of a team, in a market with people way too stupid and impatient to let him do it.  

Maybe some of your old positivity would rub off on the boards and help old Jimbo out. 

The only thing that'll help Jimbo out is Mike Gillis making all his decisions, scouting aside. The guy has no clue what he's doing... Its plain and simple. 

29 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I still think we will see Landeskog in vancouver eventually. He's a Benning type player and there's that Swedish connection. I just hope the price is right, he's going to be a lot more expensive than many think in their proposals. Colorado has nothing to lose, and there will be a bidding war.

May even lose Juolevi, due to the emergence of Stecher and Tryamkin.

I heard on 1040 a month or so ago and donny was wondering that if they foresaw Stecher being this good, would they have drafted Tkachuk instead?

Don't trade Juolevi. Bad idea. Just because Stecher has emerged as a good player doesn't mean it makes Juolevi expendable. Keep drafting and adding prospects and when some of them start to pan out then you can afford to trade a young asset. Right now the Canucks are in no position to be giving up on any of their young assets.

Archived