The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Still waiting!

captaincowbasher

Benning at the beginning of the summer said he was going to trade for a legit top 6 forward...still waiting, this is a need the team has needed even when we had Kesler. You guys want me to get this deal done...hurry up already, everyday that goes bye makes our management look more and more incompetent. You signed Eriksson, that's an easy signing, that money at that term, but 7 months in to Benning's statement and still no trade. 

5 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

Benning at the beginning of the summer said he was going to trade for a legit top 6 forward...still waiting, this is a need the team has needed even when we had Kesler. You guys want me to get this deal done...hurry up already, everyday that goes bye makes our management look more and more incompetent. You signed Eriksson, that's an easy signing, that money at that term, but 7 months in to Benning's statement and still no trade. 

How many trades hve there been in the NHL in total so far this year? Gotta be patient, if something is going to happen it's when it is closer to the trade deadline.

Rediculous.. who the heck do we trade for a top 6 forward?   What team in playoff contention will give up a key player top 6 on their team for miller? Or edler?  Or burrows?

other then our youth our assets are junk, bad contracts with mediocre players.  

I dunno what miracle trade u expect him to make here..

10 minutes ago, Baggins said:

You only make a trade if the price is right

Yep and it's hard to make a trade when your best tradable assets are injured, have a ntc that they won't be asked to waive, and/or you really mean you won't trade your young core players and picks.

The reality is our team has a whole lot of useless junk (relatively speaking) that no other team is going to cough up a proven top 6 young scorer for.

Bennings idea of a trade now is likely hoping Rodin can light it up and fill a hole or at least become trade worthy. His hands are pretty tied unless he gets willing to move ntc vets.

3 hours ago, captaincowbasher said:

I Read this to myself in a caveman's voice. It was somewhat entertaining. 

3 hours ago, captaincowbasher said:

Why would we give up decent assets that we really can't afford for a player that would only make us marginally better, and put us in a worse draft position at the end of the season? Makes no sense in my opinion. We suck this year, but we're supposed to suck this year as we're rebuilding.  Better to do nothing at the moment and reevaluate what to do in the off-season. 

6 hours ago, apollo said:

JIMBO MUST GO 

What happened to you apollo?

you where always annoying, but optimistic, so it was kinda fun.  

Now you are just a downer.  

Put a smile on your face.  It's Christmas!

Benning has the impossible task of rebuilding this tire fire of a team, in a market with people way too stupid and impatient to let him do it.  

Maybe some of your old positivity would rub off on the boards and help old Jimbo out. 

Archived