The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

2 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I see Higgins getting dealt, and Vrbata moving on, either through trade or free agency. 

That should leave Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Rodin, Kenins, Jensen, Grenier and possibly Boeser to battle for 2 wing positions. Virtanen should be a lock for next year, while Baertschi could be a question mark. I hope Prust is kept.

Sedin Sedin Hansen
____ McCann Burrows
(Baertschi) Sutter Virtanen
Prust Horvat Dorsett
_____

That's also assuming that JB signs 0 forward UFAs. 

20 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I see Higgins getting dealt, and Vrbata moving on, either through trade or free agency. 

That should leave Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Rodin, Kenins, Jensen, Grenier and possibly Boeser to battle for 2 wing positions. Virtanen should be a lock for next year, while Baertschi could be a question mark. I hope Prust is kept.

Sedin Sedin Hansen
____ McCann Burrows
(Baertschi) Sutter Virtanen
Prust Horvat Dorsett
_____

What in the name of God is this?

• Upvote 2

Horvats Projected 2016 - 2017 Vancouver Canucks

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

1st line: SedinSedinBurrows = Great top line for next year, should expect alot of point out of these guys

3rd line A: Shinkaruk + Horvat Hansen = Speed on the wings and chemistry.

3rd line B: Baertschi + SutterBrodin = More of a european line with some great offensive potential

3rd line C: Gaunce + McCann + Lucic = Big Tough wingers who can dish a pass, Gaunce learning from Lucic would be great!

1st pairing: EdlerTanev = Trustworthy pairing

2nd pairing: SbisaHutton = Shifty offensive and gritty

3rd pairing: BiegaPedan = Yough, gritty and defensivly reliable bottom pairing

Starter: Miller = Majority of the starts untill the deadline to showcase his value

Backup: Markstrom = Hopefully ride markstom as a starter after miller is traded. 

Traded:

Vrbata, Hamhuis, Higgins, Jensen, Grenier, Prust, and Dorsett n, Bartkowski/Weber

Utica: Kenins, Virtanen, Boeser, Subban 

9 minutes ago, Yotes said:

When is his season done over their? Can we sign him to a deal now and he come to the nhl after the season without waivers? Or is there now way to bring him to north america till next season?

thanks for the clarity

The SEL has an out clause for the NHL, so Rodin could technically leave for here on a moment's notice.

Sedin Sedin Lucic
Baertschi Sutter Rodin
Shinkaruk Horvat Hansen
Gaunce Cracknell Dorsett

Higgins, Burrows, Vbrata out

Gaunce, Rodin, Lucic in

In the season were to end today,  Next year I would be starting Jake and Jared in the AHL.  McCann needs to work on his strength and his faceoffs. 

If they start to look more NHL ready.  They can be called up throughout the year with injuries.  If Rodin looks like a real deal and Jake appears to be NHL ready, then canucks could look to moving out Hansen or Dorsett, but there should be no rush on both these two 19 year olds.    

5 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Sedin Sedin Lucic
Baertschi Sutter Rodin
Shinkaruk Horvat Hansen
Gaunce Cracknell Dorsett

Higgins, Burrows, Vbrata out

Gaunce, Rodin, Lucic in

In the season were to end today,  Next year I would be starting Jake and Jared in the AHL.  McCann needs to work on his strength and his faceoffs. 

If they start to look more NHL ready.  They can be called up throughout the year with injuries.  If Rodin looks like a real deal and Jake appears to be NHL ready, then canucks could look to moving out Hansen or Dorsett, but there should be no rush on both these two 19 year olds.    

That left side is pretty inexperienced. I think it would be best to keep one of Higgins or Burrows (Burrows IMO).

I would start Jake in the AHL but Jared up here. He has a lot of time to get stronger between no and next season and we could use his scoring touch.

5 minutes ago, Delta76 said:

That left side is pretty inexperienced. I think it would be best to keep one of Higgins or Burrows (Burrows IMO).

I would start Jake in the AHL but Jared up here. He has a lot of time to get stronger between no and next season and we could use his scoring touch.

Sure but if you bring Jared up that likely means sutter moves with the sedins and lucic goes back to lw on the second line. So there's still no point of Higgins or burr 

Higgins is a redundant piece and easily replaceable. A year more experience of Bo and baertschi as well. Burrows in aged and just holds up a roster spot from a player ready to take over. Add to the fact that moving burrows and Higgins saves us 6 mill in cap space. 

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Sure but if you bring Jared up that likely means sutter moves with the sedins and lucic goes back to lw on the second line. So there's still no point of Higgins or burr 

Higgins is a redundant piece and easily replaceable. A year more experience of Bo and baertschi as well. Burrows in aged and just holds up a roster spot from a player ready to take over. Add to the fact that moving burrows and Higgins saves us 6 mill in cap space. 

I will admit I didn't think of moving Sutter back with the Sedin's, therefore forcing Lucic to LW.

I agree that Higgins is redundant and although I really like Burrows I can see the value in moving him. I just don't want to have our left side full of question marks going into the season. 

and if Lucic signs here, he's obviously playing with Sutter to start with.

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Lucic - Sutter - Rodin

Baer - Horvat - Virt

Gaunce - McCann - Dorsett

Cracknell

Shink first call-up. Move Higgins, Prust, Burr (if Looch is signed), Vrby. Good to go. 

Edited by Teemu Selänne
  • Upvote 2

On 12/15/2015 at 5:58 AM, Horvat said:

Horvats Projected 2016 - 2017 Vancouver Canucks

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

1st line: SedinSedinBurrows = Great top line for next year, should expect alot of point out of these guys

3rd line A: Shinkaruk + Horvat Hansen = Speed on the wings and chemistry.

3rd line B: Baertschi + SutterBrodin = More of a european line with some great offensive potential

3rd line C: Gaunce + McCann + Lucic = Big Tough wingers who can dish a pass, Gaunce learning from Lucic would be great!

1st pairing: EdlerTanev = Trustworthy pairing

2nd pairing: SbisaHutton = Shifty offensive and gritty

3rd pairing: BiegaPedan = Yough, gritty and defensivly reliable bottom pairing

Starter: Miller = Majority of the starts untill the deadline to showcase his value

Backup: Markstrom = Hopefully ride markstom as a starter after miller is traded. 

Traded:

Vrbata, Hamhuis, Higgins, Jensen, Grenier, Prust, and Dorsett n, Bartkowski/Weber

Utica: Kenins, Virtanen, Boeser, Subban 

Most likley finish worse with that lineup than this years.

D is weaker without Hamhuis. Rodin Lucic Shinkaruk Gaunce in Vrbata Higgins Dorsett Prust out. Not a huge upgrade. 

And rest of league improves

• Upvote 1

On December 17, 2015 at 7:41 PM, R3aL said:

Most likley finish worse with that lineup than this years.

D is weaker without Hamhuis. Rodin Lucic Shinkaruk Gaunce in Vrbata Higgins Dorsett Prust out. Not a huge upgrade. 

And rest of league improves

hamhuis isnt very good gets beat skating  causes turnovers with lazy passes and povides no offenseid rather pedan and biega    id target brent burns july 1st hed help our  weak blueline