The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

Then what the hell are you arguing about? If you're happy with Horvat, why are you complaining that we don't have Nichuskin, and slamming Shinkaruk. There's no scenario that could have played out where we could have had Val and Bo.

People just don't understand that Nichuskin was a bigger risk, and if he didn't pan out, MG would have been roasted for trading Schneider for a KHLer. If everyone knew that he would be having a rookie year like this, he wouldn't have gone 10th, simple as that. Drafting isn't as easy as you seem to think it is. Outside the top 15 or so, it's a total crapshoot.

Also to add to this Nich is doing well in part cause of his linemates; he gets to play with Benn and Seguin regularly and gets PP time.

@BanTSN do you really think that if we brought him over here without young line-mates and put him with the sedins it would work out?

Im not gonna say Horvat was a bad pick cause he wasnt, and like ive posted everywhere I thought we traded for Valeri, I thought he should have been top 5, I went from jumping for joy to calling for gillis's head, at the end of the day I can live with his choice and I understand why he did it.

But Valeri could have looked great in a nux uni no doubt beside the sedins.

• 1 month later...

wonder if he'll come over to the comets now that his year is done?

I'd really like to see him play with the comets this year. He showed such potential in the few games I saw him play. Would be amazing to see him come back healthy and try it again.

He's 23 now though, wonder if he's put on much size because I don't think he has a shot an the NHL unless he reaches 190lbs or so.

haha...sorry bt there is a reason I do that. On my phone I cant zip to the last page of every thread. I dint have time to hit the "next page" button 79 times on some threads, so I just type a cheerful cheer to zip me to the last page......

CDC's pages were updated. Look in your address bar, you can change where it says page= to whatever page you want now

Seems like a very interesting prospect.

Our top forward prospects now look like:

1. Hodgson

2. Schroeder

3. Grabner

4. White

5. Rodin

mmm...not bad at all. I'm really surprised how much one deep draft can replenish our prospect pool.

Sometimes I hate reading old posts.

Sometimes I hate reading old posts.

It's only weak retroactively.

Hodgson who was supposed to be the 2nd best forward in the draft after Stamkos, oozing with leadership abilities, strong 2-way play, etc.

Schroeder was supposed to be similar to Patrick Kane in playing style. A wizard with the puck and stocky for a small guy. Would be better as a winger.

Grabner was a speedy sniper who eventually developed a defensive game and just need the right opportunity to make the next jump into the NHL.

White.... not completely off-the-wall as he was expected to go in the 2nd round. Scouted to have the best wrister in the draft, not afraid to go into the dirty areas and is a project player to be developed in the strong University of Minnesota hockey program.

Rodin was supposed to be a Naslund-like player. He was the 2nd leading scorer in the J20, helping Brynas junior team to win the Championship, was eventually named to the 2010 Swedish junior team and with a strong showing ending up with the Bronze. His initial foray in the AHL was decent too with 27 points in 62 games on a Chicago Wolves team that prefers playing vets instead of rookies.

I hope Rodin returns back to the Canucks organization. The poor experience with the Wolves probably stunt his development, so a year or two with the Utica Comets might be able to turn his game around.