The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Teams Inquiring About F Alex Burrows

hiebskey

36 minutes ago, Losing With Pride said:

See 1994 NHL Stanley Cup Final.

Actually our owner in 94 was Arthur Griffiths

Aquilini bought the team in 2004. The only real animosity worth commenting on is Aquilini and his relationship with the Dallas Stars owner because they have some personal animosity.

Burrows would be a good addition and him and Coach V know each other well.  Burrows would do well in the East against the softer teams.  And I think he would be pumped to be back in the hunt.  I hope it happens for him.  Only problem is I would then be pulling for the Rangers :-( 

I hope Burr gets a chance to go play somewhere and compete for the cup for at least this season.

I am all for him coming back here next year as he has been a great fit with Bo and with good health could play a key part in mentoring younger players by showing them how he trains, practices and competes on a nightly basis!

8 hours ago, Borvat said:

Burrows would be a good addition and him and Coach V know each other well.  Burrows would do well in the East against the softer teams.  And I think he would be pumped to be back in the hunt.  I hope it happens for him.  Only problem is I would then be pulling for the Rangers :-( 

Might not be a bad idea for them to add some depth. If they get the wildcard spot to play in the Atlantic division, they have a good chance of making it out of there. They would get wrecked in their own division though.

8 hours ago, goblix said:

Actually our owner in 94 was Arthur Griffiths

Aquilini bought the team in 2004. The only real animosity worth commenting on is Aquilini and his relationship with the Dallas Stars owner because they have some personal animosity.

It's because Aquilini outbid Gaglardi (Dallars Stars owner) for the Vancouver Canucks. 

20 minutes ago, lethal_spaghetti said:

Lindberg for burrows - I for one like that deal what do you guys think?

Add a pick and maybe I'd do it.

Honestly I think Buchnevich is being wasted. I've been keeping up with him ever since 2014 and I really think he's going to be able to be that skilled talent we're missing. 

Gotta say I will cry a little seeing Burrows in another jersey. I know it's for the best of the team, and I hope he can win a cup. But part of me will be a little upset seeing it. He's a Canuck guy first so I'm sure he wants what is best for the team and will realize that he can help the team get some parts for the future, but I really hope he can come back here again for a one year contract.

And also when he retires I would be ever so happy to see him back here. Burrows is the Canucks, and I have been watching the Canucks for a hair shy of 30 years.

55 minutes ago, lethal_spaghetti said:

Lindberg for burrows - I for one like that deal what do you guys think?

I've wondered the same. Lindberg had a solid season last year but only 2 goals this season while playing on a deeper team so quality playing time is probably hard to find over there. 

The thing with lindberg is you have to protect him in the exp draft. Wouldn't it suck to lose lindberg and ultimately burrows for nothing. 

Maybe adding a conditional 3rd pick if the Canucks lose lindberg in the draft they get the pick instead  

45 minutes ago, billabong said:

I've wondered the same. Lindberg had a solid season last year but only 2 goals this season while playing on a deeper team so quality playing time is probably hard to find over there. 

The thing with lindberg is you have to protect him in the exp draft. Wouldn't it suck to lose lindberg and ultimately burrows for nothing. 

Maybe adding a conditional 3rd pick if the Canucks lose lindberg in the draft they get the pick instead  

ahh i didn't realize that he would have to be protected good point. In this case perhaps a pick would be better.

2 hours ago, suitup said:

It's because Aquilini outbid Gaglardi (Dallars Stars owner) for the Vancouver Canucks. 

no thats not what happened.  Gaglardi reached the deal to buy the Canucks then aquaman came and made a under the table offer and bought the canucks. Gaglardi did not know that he made the offer. Thats why he hates him because he had handshake agreement with the previous owner and then aqua man came in unprofessionally .

Just now, Squamfan said:

no thats not what happened.  Gaglardi reached the deal to buy the Canucks then aquaman came and made a under the table offer and bought the canucks. Gaglardi did not know that he made the offer. Thats why he hates him because he had handshake agreement with the previous owner and then aqua man came in unprofessionally .

Yes. Which by doing so also means he outbid him. Thanks for providing the more detailed and accurate part of what happened. 

On 1/13/2017 at 3:10 PM, hiebskey said:

Yeah,  as hard as it would be to see burrows traded to another team,  I would love to see him get a shot at a cup,  and we may as well get something for him now if we can.  

Man, if Burrows had a legit shot at the cup this year, it would be the most exciting playoff season in Vancouver for quite a while

I don't think I'm the only one who would go nuts for it, to see Burrows hoist the cup would be amazing

I hope he goes to the Habs and they win it all, the excitment would be off the charts

Archived