The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

7 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Stecher and prospects taking in the Whitecaps game:

DATyYXIVwAAbavf.jpg

Left to right: Stecher, Pedan, Goldobin, Dahlen, Juolevi

Good to see them spending time together... Gotta grow up together.

8 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

DATyYXIVwAAbavf.jpg

Wow, it finally hit me. I'm 27 and still a bit of a babyface (still get ID'd everywhere)... but these guys look YOUNG. Maybe it's because... they are?

Some extremely talented kids there too. 

Great to see some bonding going on.

• Upvote 1

I am a big music fan and like a lot of styles of music but being over a half century old I have to say I wasn't a fan but got a kick out of the drummer.  I think he was the youngest.::D

On 5/21/2017 at 1:08 PM, Horvat is a Boss said:

I would temper the expectations a little bit. I don't think he'll be a center long term given his skating and lack of size. I don't think he has that "elite" hockey IQ to be our answer for one of the top 6 center spots. As a winger, he can play that hardworking game along the boards, using his edgework and puck protection to make plays. I see him as an Arvidsson type player, but probably not as good. I would be expecting a solid middle 6 player. 

We'll see about that.  To lead his team in scoring against Men with top conditioned bodies is not easy. To do it as a 19 year certainly not easy.  He sure found a way to do it, and he has already proven he can play against men.  Although speed needs work, he does have impressive edge work.  I

8 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

We'll see about that.  To lead his team in scoring against Men with top conditioned bodies is not easy. To do it as a 19 year certainly not easy.  He sure found a way to do it, and he has already proven he can play against men.  Although speed needs work, he does have impressive edge work.  I

Of course if he exceeds my expectations I won't be mad, but I wouldn't put that kind of pressure on the kid. 

On 5/21/2017 at 1:23 AM, Ossi Vaananen said:

DATyYXIVwAAbavf.jpg

Love seeing Stech bond with the prospects. Was always impressed with his leadership qualities last year. Kid is a gem. 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Love seeing Stech bond with the prospects. Was always impressed with his leadership qualities last year. Kid is a gem. 

Yeah pretty mature of him to show all the other young guys around town and get them acclimated to their surroundings. They could all possibly be on the opening roster which would be astonishing. I hope Stech is also working out with them. Apparently he's a monster in the gym and goes till he pukes, his fellow prospects would be wise to follow his example. 

• Upvote 1

I'm still hoping JB can swindle the Flyers somehow to get the #2. Well, swindle might not be the correct word. They'd probably swindle us if anything, but you never know. I think having a 1-2 punch in Horvat and Patrick would be great, but it's a long shot. Is JB banking on Dahlen being the #2C? After Henrik retires, this is what they have at C:

Horvat

Dahlen

Sutter

Gaunce

Megna

Cramarossa

Shore

Labate

Maybe they draft Mittelstadt and use Dahlen at LW? 

Dahlen - Horvat - Boeser

Goldobin - Mittelstadt* - Virtanen

Baertschi - Sutter - Granlund