The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

1 hour ago, mangosteens said:

Am I the only one who sees a Nail Yakupov clone in Goldobin?

Same height and stature. 5'11 and about 190ish pounds.

Yakupov was born Oct.6th 1993, Goldy was born Oct.7th 1995.  So, they are the same age when you compare them in their draft years.

Both played for the Sarnia Sting and put up similar numbers.  Yakupov had more points per game.

Both are fast and have a good release on their shots.

Both seem to be lost in the defensive zone but have an ability to pounce on offensive chances.

Hope Goldobin develops better than Yak.

Goldie's not playing on the tankers' flagship, team Oilers. He will be playing for either Willie or Green, both of whom are excellent at developing young players.

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Against the Habs they should use the Horvat line against their top line and let the Sedins line match the second.. just sayin ;) 

Sutter's line looks much more like a checking line than Bo's does, and is a way better choice to use against a top line.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NHL'er said:

Goldy has a great sense of humour haha :lol:

His English is remarkably good for a Russian his age. Consider how Datsyuk, Ovie, and even Tryamkin spoke English at his age.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

His English is remarkably good for a Russian his age. Consider how Datsyuk, Ovie, and even Tryamkin spoke English at his age.

Don't forget he played a couple of years of Junior over here, unlike the others you mention. His English is not bad though...

Edited by Rick Blight

Just now, Rick Blight said:

Don't forget he played a couple of years of Junior over hear, unlike the others you mention. His English is not bad though...

True, and that's why he's better than Tryamkin for sure. That said, his English is still better than Datsyuk's when Datsyuk was giving award speeches. 

1 hour ago, ForNuckSakes said:

I hope they give a little more creative power to goldy tonight. give him some serious minutes and see what magic he can create with bo. Going to be a good game vs the canadiens.

He's on the PP and lined up with Baer and Bo- Id say thats a pretty goood start

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Goldobin garnering a lot of attention in Vancouver

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/goldobin-garnering-a-lot-of-attention-in-vancouver~1072662

(Horvat - April 1995; Goldobin - October 1995)

Willy is bang on in this clip.

Still, have to admit I'm excited to see the Bo-Goldy-Baer line.  Two guys who earned their ice - I hope Goldy doesn't even need the help but those two will show him how it's done if he needs reminding.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Goldobin has such a heads-up erect style of skating that on highlights he looks taller than he actually is.

Hoping he's an Alexander Yakushev-type of player for you old-timers out there.

I think he's closer to a Kharlamov style wise. Yak was a big center.

He's had a rough game so far. Good on WD for trying to make him more comfortable by putting him with someone he knows (Boucher). You can see that it's mostly nerves right now as well as unfamiliarity with the team. 

And he was just on the ice for the tying goal ::D

9 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Probably already been posted in one of the other threads but just in case, I figured I'd drop it here for posterity: https://streamable.com/nak7w

5 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

OMG THIS IS AWESOME!!! DONE A FEW THINGS RIGHT BEFORE WATCHING AND DUDE THE EFFECT IS LIKE TIMES 1,000 BETTER

Wish I could upvote you 5 times so it becomes one of them heart posts.

• Upvote 1