The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Willie D needs to pipe down.

Shirotashi

38 minutes ago, J-23 said:

A lot of people said that fight was terrible, but I swear Tram could have given Benn a couple of good shots but it looked like he chose not to. I think Tram doesn't want to injure people like the Richardson incident, he hasn't always had a physical game and he is continuing to adjust to a physical game throughout the season. Like I said before Tram ain't no Cooke or Torres the man has a heart.

If you can adjust your lid for comfort half way into a fight,.

"You pity the fool" ;)  Mr. T

1 minute ago, HomeBrew said:

Is there a full quote of the interview or a video? I am failing to see why people are getting so emotional...

Kuzma interviewed Desjardins today post practice I believe.

He talked about it on 1040 this afternoon.

There is a post game interview with Willie from last nights game on this site that has similar comments from WD.

(can't seem to copy/paste it on my phone).

Calling Tryamkin out for not going after Sharthand is easily the stupidest move Willie's done. I wonder how elfstroker is going spin this BS. 

Sorry....but for Willie to start calling out the excellent rookies when the vets are sucking wind shows how clueless he truly is. I thought he deserved to play out his contract, but now, get rid of him. 

4 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

Is there a full quote of the interview or a video? I am failing to see why people are getting so emotional...

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/button-tryamkin-will-learn-when-and-where-to-step-up-physically-1.699424

Pretty early the clip plays.

People getting worked up are eating out of Botchford's (and other media's) palm.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Calling Tryamkin out for not going after Sharthand is easily the stupidest move Willie's done. I wonder how elfstroker is going spin this BS. 

Sorry....but for Willie to start calling out the excellent rookies when the vets are sucking wind shows how clueless he truly is. I thought he deserved to play out his contract, but now, get rid of him. 

Didn't Stan Smyl Coach the Manitoba Moose for a while?

I can't see how they can let Desjardins finish the season,. I think this is destructive on Desjardins part.

Just now, SilentSam said:

Didn't Stan Smyl Coach the Manitoba Moose for a while?

I can't see how they can let Desjardins finish the season,. I think this is destructive on Desjardins part.

In my opinion, even if he didn't like how Tryamkin did/or didn't manage Marchand, he should be spreading the criticism with a wider brush, and accept some himself for making poor decisions. 

Again, if the GM has to interject and advise the head coach on who to play, someone needs replacing. 

This stuff makes me wonder what the climate in the dressing room is like. Are players pointing fingers at each other and Willie is trying to deflect this or is he jumping on some bandwagon and joining sides with those doing the finger pointing?

To me it seems like the latter because the team leaders have consistently refused to take personal accountability for poor play by using terms like "us" and "we" instead of saying "me" or "I" for their costly bad play. The only guys talking the talk when it comes to accountability is the young guys and now the coach seems to be throwing them under the bus.

4 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/button-tryamkin-will-learn-when-and-where-to-step-up-physically-1.699424

Pretty early the clip plays.

People getting worked up are eating out of Botchford's (and other media's) palm.

And, to be fair to even Botchford (even though he's been tweeting / headlining this a lot) if you read his column he's quite neutral.

"What Desjardins is really trying to do is extract what many here want, more edge and meanness out of Tryamkin, the 6-7 Friendly Giant oozing with potential.

Desjardins has been trying to get more of that from him behind the scenes for most of the season. With the media this week, he isn’t sending a message, he’s just being honest, and seemingly unburdened."

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/jason-botchford-desjardins-removes-filter-on-tryamkins-potential-canucks-kids

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

In my opinion, even if he didn't like how Tryamkin did/or didn't manage Marchand, he should be spreading the criticism with a wider brush, and accept some himself for making poor decisions. 

Again, if the GM has to interject and advise the head coach on who to play, someone needs replacing. 

Totally agree.

So WD thinks Nik should target or throw down with Marchand ??

So, after the Benches clear, and some serious injuries occur to our players in the game after that.. 

What would Desjardins say?

Nik has just battled the mumps for 3 weeks.. WTF?? 

This ->

https://www.nhl.com/video/c-50464703

1 minute ago, GarthButcher5 said:

This stuff makes me wonder what the climate in the dressing room is like. Are players pointing fingers at each other and Willie is trying to deflect this or is he jumping on some bandwagon and joining sides with those doing the finger pointing?

To me it seems like the latter because the team leaders have consistently refused to take personal accountability for poor play by using terms like "us" and "we" instead of saying "me" or "I" for their costly bad play. The only guys talking the talk when it comes to accountability is the young guys and now the coach seems to be throwing them under the bus.

I asked this in another thread - re the atmosphere in the locker room - did not both Burrows and Hanson say something to the effect that it was nice to join a team who completely bought in  to the coaching - I read it somewhere - either on here or on redditt

I also read somewhere that both Danny and Hank  said their play was responsible for losing some of the games

I have no personal knowledge of what is going down in the dressing room - but I do believe the players are well aware of what Willie is saying in the press conferences and somehow I don't think it is sitting well - could be wrong.  I  for one don't buy into what the media  spews for the most part - 

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Totally agree.

So WD thinks Nik should target or throw down with Marchand ??

So, after the Benches clear, and some serious injuries occur to our players in the game after that.. 

What would Desjardins say?

Nik has just battled the mumps for 3 weeks.. WTF?? 

This ->

https://www.nhl.com/video/c-50464703

And for Willie to say that if Tryamkin had leveled Marchand, they would have won the game, is delusional at best. 

Tryamkin is just one player. One massive gifted player. Edler and the Sedins went from being useful in the first to useless in the third. If Desjardins wants to state that Tryamkin's actions would have altered the trajectory and outcome of the game, then he should have the balls to state that the "veteran leadership's" complete lack of compete in the second and third was just as, if not more, causative of the outcome. 

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

A lot of people said that fight was terrible, but I swear Tram could have given Benn a couple of good shots but it looked like he chose not to. 

Tryamkin injures people simply by accident LOL

Benn missed the game against Calgary tonight because of a "scratched eye" during his fight with Tryamkin. He didn't even have to hit him, haha

https://www.nhl.com/news/stars-jamie-benn-to-miss-one-game-with-eye-injury/c-287826320

1lmthf.jpg

Now I know that the media has Willie fired already.  Maybe he's PO'd but who knows why?  Maybe he doesn't like being told to play the kids, should he be surprised?  No.  Maybe he's just pissed because he's had the rug pulled out from under his feet with the trades of Hansen and Burrows, there's sickness in the ranks and now he's getting roasted for a crappy home stand.  

Just maybe, Willie has had it up to here with the unreasonable expectations that he has to live with.

Willie is still the coach that is going to do the best for this team.  He is great at developing.  The Canucks need him for the next 2 seasons is my best guess.

U guys all sound like the type that would call social services on your own parents for a spanking even though U definitely deserved it 110%...:ph34r::wacko:...

Tryamkins a BIG, Strong Russian BOY, I'm sure he can handle it.  

LMAO. 6'8"  265lbs. & coach asks him to step it up now another level  which he did & learned a lot from BUT U guys find a way to make it out that WD is now pulling out the BELT & beating them... U DON"T LIKE IT, STOP answering For the players. the kids seem fine cause I haven't heard of any complaining Besides one that clearly needed what WD said he did. (hello JV).

WD has developed Tryamkin himself. 1st asking him to pick up his fitness level. Which he's done but still needs some work. Now he asks the BIG BOY to step it up a little more physically, Which he did & does need to do yet U see that Tryamkin is going backwards? WD has rewarded Him & Stecher with plenty of ice time as well so they can properly develop...

Did he not step it up against Dallas with one of his Better Games...I think Benn remembers Tryamkin stepping up...

Have U guys forgotten already that JB & WD talk on a daily basis about the players???

Maybe JB wants to see if Tryamkin has it in him to be a more physical player on more of a regular basis & this is his way to see if Tryamkin is willing to step up. What's wrong with that? That's a GM's & Coaches job of assessing his players & learning as much as he can about them...I believe they got the answer they were looking for...

So settle down drama queens, this is not a soap opera like U all like, This is REAL & this is what The NHL is about. Players stepping it up whenever a coach asks. Those are the ones that U keep.  

Looks like Tryamkins a keeper...:towel:

20 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

And, to be fair to even Botchford (even though he's been tweeting / headlining this a lot) if you read his column he's quite neutral.

"What Desjardins is really trying to do is extract what many here want, more edge and meanness out of Tryamkin, the 6-7 Friendly Giant oozing with potential.

Desjardins has been trying to get more of that from him behind the scenes for most of the season. With the media this week, he isn’t sending a message, he’s just being honest, and seemingly unburdened."

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/jason-botchford-desjardins-removes-filter-on-tryamkins-potential-canucks-kids

Yeah I agree 100%. Sounds like people are making a mountain out of a molehill with this comment. WD even said within the same statement that "He has lots of upside, in lots of different ways. It doesn't matter upside, if you can't get to it... I am not blaming Tryamkin at all, like zero. What you need is that every night. And that's a challenge." To me it sounds like he has struggled to get him to play a consistent game, which is obviously a thing most rookies have to develop into. This "if he had done that on Monday versus Boston" is no "whopper" like Sekeres is trying to make it out to be. Tryamkin playing a big game like that every night is what everyone wants him to do. I wouldn't get all huffy about WD being honest about it. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

And for Willie to say that if Tryamkin had leveled Marchand, they would have won the game, is delusional at best. 

Tryamkin is just one player. One massive gifted player. Edler and the Sedins went from being useful in the first to useless in the third. If Desjardins wants to state that Tryamkin's actions would have altered the trajectory and outcome of the game, then he should have the balls to state that the "veteran leadership's" complete lack of compete in the second and third was just as, if not more, causative of the outcome. 

Yes, he has done nothing to motivate vets..

And as the squeaky door slowly closes behind Desjardins...

"E-E-E-R-R-R-I-K-K-S-S-O-N-N" 

He wanted Tryamkin to fight Marchand ? I despise Marchand but despite the being the rat (ii) that he is , he is a 5'9" superstar player . If you send a 6'7" defenceman after him chances are Willie D. Gets fined or suspended for inciting a brawl.  Since when does he ask any player in 3 years to do such a thing, he's had this team turn the other cheek and bend over and take it any other time. Why the sudden Torterella?

Archived