The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Markus Granlund to undergo wrist surgery

b3.

Sorry, i didnt want to read through 11 pages, but my thoughts are I think  they're starting to shut the injured down early and get them ready for next year... this will at the same time open some spots for evaluating guys in the system, see what they have... good move IMO 

1 minute ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

no, if i remember right it was he got cut by a skate on the back of his hand it sliced through ligaments and tendons and such. wasn't his wrist

The wrist joint is useless without the tendons and ligaments that allow the muscle to use that joint being in good, proper working order. It's still wrist related. In any event, it was sarcasm.

1 minute ago, numb3r 16 said:

Damn that sucks. I wouldn't wanna call up anyone from Utica seeing how they are in the midst of a pennant race.

I don't think they will.  Skille seems to be ready to return and it looks like Biega might play on the 4th line.

59 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Pretty amazing he can score at a 20 goal pace with an injured wrist. Makes you wonder how good he'll be next year...

His brother is pretty darn good... maybe the Canucks will get lucky!

13 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Probably his spank bank one.

He's right handed…but he shoots left…hmm, he might be ambidextrous with that activity, we can't be sure.

In any event, it would explain how he hurt himself. Years-long injury, huh? Must have started in middle school!

This injury does not surprise me.

I like Granlund, but prior to this season, he had never played over 59 games in a season (NHL + AHL combined) due to the injuries that he seems to receive EVERY season.

Lots to like about him, but he has proven to be fragile.

Archived