The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Sharks, April 4th, 7:30 pm

Beary Sweet

Just now, 73 Percent said:

Because he was asked to provide and answer to a direct question about why goldobin was scratched during a 2 minute press conference.  I'm sure if it was a week long press conference regarding goldobin he would have had some nice things to say. He obviously thinks highly of him if he's starting with the twins in a top 6 role no? That itself is a confidence boost. 

Or he values keeping his job and is going against his own "instincts" to appease his boss who publicly told him to give young players opportunity. 

The outburst about Labate I think was a reaction to pressure to put Goldobin in. There is no reasonable evidence that Willie would be using him if he had any choice. But he wants to keep his job.

I don't know the reason for starting Goldy with the twins - I'd be afraid to ask Willie for fear the answer would boggle my pea brain -  but why would he not play him with Boucher? Did the 2 not have pretty good success playing together prior to the NHL?  But who knows maybe it'll be good for the kid - maybe it'll be the confidence boost he needs.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Oh that Tank Commander Willie, all onboard and aiming for a promotion to Colonel.  The way the Sharks come out in their home rink, it could be 3:0 before the 10-minute mark.  Anything but a win means we're locked into no lower than 5th seed in the lottery and 8th overall pick in the draft.

Genius.

I am a ball of nerves right now. I am SO excited to be going to this game!!! My 'Nucks don't come through often so it's always an event. I couldn't sleep last night; I was like a kid on Christmas!!!

'Nucks win 4-2, Bo bumps the slump, Molino gets his first, Goldy shows his stuff, and Chaput reminds us why he's still around. 

Go, Canucks, go!

7 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Oh that Tank Commander Willie, all onboard and aiming for a promotion to Colonel.  The way the Sharks come out in their home rink, it could be 3:0 before the 10-minute mark.  Anything but a win means we're locked into no lower than 5th seed in the lottery and 8th overall pick in the draft.

Genius.

bachman has been pretty good. If they are going to run out of town in the first period, doesn't who is in net.

I don't know the reason for starting Goldy with the twins

Because we aren't trying to win. 

Willie just went to the press all pissed off about the players who try hardest getting sent down to the minors.  GM Jim probably had to sit him down and read him the riot-act.  We've long since passed the time for trying.  We are in tank-mode now.  At least from the GM's side of things.  For quite a few games now, management hasn't even been trying to win.  All we're doing now is trying to improve our draft-position (we have a history of not-tanking, and just look where that's gotten us!).  That's why our team looks like an AHL team right now.  That's why Bachman is starting tonight.  Etc...  We're trying to lose, without making it obvious that that's what we're doing.  So, surgery for everyone!  Stub your toe?  Into the press-box you go!  No more conceivable AHL'ers you can call up?  Look to college and the ECHL!  Anyone tries hard - down to the minors!  Haven't been trying all year?  Doesn't matter, you still get top-line minutes (and 1st unit PP)!

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Or he values keeping his job and is going against his own "instincts" to appease his boss who publicly told him to give young players opportunity. 

The outburst about Labate I think was a reaction to pressure to put Goldobin in. There is no reasonable evidence that Willie would be using him if he had any choice. But he wants to keep his job.

You belong to a frustrating bunch of ppl.

2 hours ago, nucksnavsfan said:

I was thinking the same thing ... coach thinks Goldy is weak defensively but puts him on a line with the Sedins who are weak defensively, yacthat makes sense .

could be a wild one lol

it's got nothing to do with how he plays on the defensive side of the puck

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

outburst, haha.

1 hour ago, Bo fan said:

I don't know the reason for starting Goldy with the twins - I'd be afraid to ask Willie for fear the answer would boggle my pea brain -  but why would he not play him with Boucher? Did the 2 not have pretty good success playing together prior to the NHL?  But who knows maybe it'll be good for the kid - maybe it'll be the confidence boost he needs.

Maybe he'll start them with Edler and Larsen.

Don't think the twins have boosted any young players confidence.

but the players have set answers so as not to let it show

Archived