The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Sharks, April 4th, 7:30 pm

Beary Sweet

get the kids some points and lose in regulation, we need to stay the course lol. i dont want a miracle on ice in these remaining games.

NJ is on a 6 game losing streak, will want to break that drought on home ice against the Flyers who also lost their last game.

ARZ is on a 2 game winning streak! playing against another bottom feeding team in Dallas, a win is possible!

we could be looking at 2nd ova all by the end of this week! :frantic:

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

get the kids some points and lose in regulation, we need to stay the course lol. i dont want a miracle on ice in these remaining games.

NJ is on a 6 game losing streak, will want to break that drought on home ice against the Flyers who also lost their last game.

ARZ is on a 2 game winning streak! playing against another bottom feeding team in Dallas, a win is possible!

we could be looking at 2nd ova all by the end of this week! :frantic:

god bless us everyone ... wouldn't it be great to not drop to 8th ??

2 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Because we aren't trying to win. 

Willie just went to the press all pissed off about the players who try hardest getting sent down to the minors.  GM Jim probably had to sit him down and read him the riot-act.  We've long since passed the time for trying.  We are in tank-mode now.  At least from the GM's side of things.  For quite a few games now, management hasn't even been trying to win.  All we're doing now is trying to improve our draft-position (we have a history of not-tanking, and just look where that's gotten us!).  That's why our team looks like an AHL team right now.  That's why Bachman is starting tonight.  Etc...  We're trying to lose, without making it obvious that that's what we're doing.  So, surgery for everyone!  Stub your toe?  Into the press-box you go!  No more conceivable AHL'ers you can call up?  Look to college and the ECHL!  Anyone tries hard - down to the minors!  Haven't been trying all year?  Doesn't matter, you still get top-line minutes (and 1st unit PP)!

Have you seen him play lately? I really don't hink that's why he's in

5 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

They are. Goldobin is set to start the game on the Sedin line. 

Maybe Willie has successfully forgotten that Goldy has ever played for him, so he is starting him on the Sedin line just like he did Boesser his first game.

27 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

They are. Goldobin is set to start the game on the Sedin line. 

Lol. Wonder if Benning had another little chat with Willie.

This almost seems like a sarcastic lineup to me though. I don't see how the Sedins compliment Goldobin's game. 

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol. Wonder if Benning had another little chat with Willie.

This almost seems like a sarcastic lineup to me though. I don't see how the Sedins compliment Goldobin's game. 

I think he started on the twins line once before and got two shifts. Now if they leave him there for the last 4 games then fine.

Archived