The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manhunt On For Man Who Broadcast Himself Murdering An Elderly Man Earlier Today On Facebook Live

SabreFan1

14 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Sure! In fact, why don't we ask the government if you can be the one to shoot him down in cold blood?

The guy deserves it. People like you need to start standing up for and caring about the victims rather then the criminals. And in this case useless scumbag no good to society criminal.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

The guy deserves it. People like you need to start standing up for and caring about the victims rather then the criminals. And in this case useless scumbag no good to society criminal.

You're assuming I don't care about victims because I don't subscribe to internet tough guy talk from people with fantasies of being The Punisher?

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

The guy killed his 3 kids I doubt it would be that difficult for many people.

Well I guess if the government ever decides to sanction private citizens being judge, jury and executioner; lots of people like you will have a chance to see if they actually have the stones to do it.

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

Well I guess if the government ever decides to sanction private citizens being judge, jury and executioner; lots of people like you will have a chance to see if they actually have the stones to do it.

Nah we don't need civilians killing criminals but maybe a conversation about the death penalty.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Nah we don't need civilians killing criminals but maybe a conversation about the death penalty.

If the death penalty was on the table in the case we're discussing, I'm guessing the outcome would have been the same. 

Defence of mental disorder
  • 16 (1) No person is criminally responsible for an act committed or an omission made while suffering from a mental disorder that rendered the person incapable of appreciating the nature and quality of the act or omission or of knowing that it was wrong.

• Marginal note:Presumption

(2) Every person is presumed not to suffer from a mental disorder so as to be exempt from criminal responsibility by virtue of subsection (1), until the contrary is proved on the balance of probabilities.

• Marginal note:Burden of proof

(3) The burden of proof that an accused was suffering from a mental disorder so as to be exempt from criminal responsibility is on the party that raises the issue.

3 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

If the death penalty was on the table in the case we're discussing, I'm guessing the outcome would have been the same. 

That part I'm not debating. Personally I think these people should be taken out or incarcerated for life. They are useless to society.

17 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

He's been allowed out on day passes under supervision for the last 2 years.

our goal in Canada is rehabilitation, not punishment.  Doubtful he will ever be released, but that doesn't mean he can't strive to have some kind of meaningful life.  

55 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

proven time and time and time again that the death penalty is absolutely no deterrent to murder.  The government should never be in the business of killing it's citizens

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

our goal in Canada is rehabilitation, not punishment.  Doubtful he will ever be released, but that doesn't mean he can't strive to have some kind of meaningful life.  

Weren't we seeing a shift towards punishment under Harper? 

5 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

executions cost more - its cheaper to just lock them up and throw away the key so there isn't a cost saving argument for the death penalty 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2014/05/01/considering-the-death-penalty-your-tax-dollars-at-work/#4f4b3982664b

It only cost's more because states and governments make it so. They need to smarten up with the public's money.

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

proven time and time and time again that the death penalty is absolutely no deterrent to murder.  The government should never be in the business of killing it's citizens

If you kill your kids,  or walk up to a old man minding his own business after spending time with his kids and grand kids on Easter, and kill him for no reason whatsoever.  You deserve to die.  

I have no sympathy for pieces of **** like Steve stephens he ended a innocent man's life for no reason other than his girlfriend broke up with him and he was having a bad day.  There is only one punishment for scumbags like this and that is death.

Archived